Bad days

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Good morning all. My first post here. Quick info about me. Originally diagnosed 2015 HER2 + breast cancer .usual treatment. Came back last feb spread to liver and bones and was given the terminal diagnosis. Ivegor 2 boys under 10 .. married and a  fantastic mum and dad  .

My question for you all yofsy is do you have days where you struggle just to do the basics.  I don't mean physically but mentally? I woke up this morning and I've just had enough of everything.  I doubt want to speak to anyone or do anything but scream.  I feel like I'm going to burst with anger 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you so much Tinalay.  Good luck with your treatment also.  Let’s hope it helps us both and not too many side effects.  X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Morning all

i have just joined a secondary breast cancer group in our part of essex ,set up to be a charity and give hope to us

there were 12 people at the 1 st meet up and about 50 people invited 

it was a very fun ,inspiring and relaxing group ,it is so different to be among people who really understand what secondary breast cancer is.   The secondary breast cancer nurse from the hospital was there too

lots of positive thoughts for treatment and outcomes

janet

xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Welcome to the group nobody wants to join. I do recognise the feelings you describe, especially the anger. I went through a lot of anger when I was told the cancer was incurable. I think it’s part of a grieving process. We have to say goodbye to the life we thought we were going to have and reach a place of accepting the one we’ve got. It’s not easy and it’s not a one off job but a work in progress. Or it is for me, at any rate. 

Can I offer a different perspective on your friend? I suspect she might already know why you reacted the way you did and that if you decide to tell her about how you felt she won’t be surprised. 

I will leave it at that for now. It’s good to meet you and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better 

xxx