Anyone on Fasladex?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Think I might have been on here about 7years ago..my initial diagnoses was Secondary Breast Cancer..boney mets in spine,pelvic and rib areas. Treatment had been fantastic keeping things stable but, and there always has to be one, 2weeks before Christmas I was told it had decided to go walkabout and now is in lymphnodes in my neck. Got biopsy done, no word back on it yet. I’ve been started on Fasladex injections and was wondering has anyone else had these and if so, do they get a metallic taste in their mouth, also strong strong chemical smell from urine! Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am sorry you’ve had no answer to your question and I’m not about to give you one as I have no experience of Fasladex.  I just wanted to say hi and welcome back. It’s great you have been stable so long although I’m sorry you are seeing disease progression now. 

Don’t be a stranger - there’s lots of help, support and friendship to be had here in the incorrigibles, sorry, incurables group 

xx

• Hi I also have Secondary Breast Cancer, secondary's in my hip and spine (also in Lymphnodes).

I am not and Fasladex but on Palbociclib, the first couple of cycles of Palbo, I has a strong metallic taste in mouth, enhanced when I drank water. This for me, only lasted one cycle, so it could be one of the side effects of the injections you are having.

I am sorry I can offer you no more experience than that, there are lot of fellow members on this site who I am sure can provide their experience with your treatment as we all seem to be on very different treatment plans due to our Cancer types, ages and all other things.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi daloni,

Thank you for taking time to reply to my message. I am also on two other groups and I have had reply’s on there. 

Truly blessed to have been stable for so long but it’s one of those things that your body gets immune to meds but there’s always new more advanced treatment available. 

Thanks again Katie