How’s your New Years Eve / Hogmanay shaping?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 75 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi 

This will be a tricky time of year for many of us. So maybe we can join in a pity party together or enjoy others partying vicariously. 

I am going to pop by my neighbours briefly but mostly I’ll be banished upstairs while my 15-year-old and her mates party downstairs. I have a horrible cough and enough meds to knock me out so I don’t suppose the noise will bother me too much - and actually the sound of young people enjoying themselves is always joyous and uplifting 

xxx

• Well... 

I am curled on the couch, under a blanket, under 3 cats, and alternating between being freezing cold and sweating buckets. All while every inch of my sinuses are blocked, my left ear feels like it might explode, and I'm trying to hack up a lung. I don't even fancy a wee tipple at the moment, though maybe that might help.... 

So not a great start to the new year really. Bleh. 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So far I've "tanned" daughter, cooked her chicken dippers & smiley faces (her request) & inspected her wardrobe when she panicked & said "I've nothing 2 wear"!!!!! - all cos the group have changed their mind & r going out 4 hogmanay - up 2 this morning most were still poorly with various colds & flu.

As 4 me & hubbie? We will b the chauffeur dropping her off but not waiting up till silly o'clock 2 take her home. We have a few bottles chilling 2 consume later mmmmm

Whatever everyone gets up 2, enjoy & look 4ward 2 2020.

Daloni, I hope u can shake off those bugs soon.

Happy New Year

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy new year I hope you are doing ok!

i am sitting on the sofa with my pal and lots of dogs, wood burner on, waiting for my pals brother to arrive.  I was feeling proper sorry for myself due to not feeling great but then managed to have a champagne cocktail (champagne and drambuie and lemon peel) and suddenly things are looking up! I may not make it to the bells but if I do, we hear Edinburgh’s fireworks.

wishing you a wonderful 2020 when it comes and thank you for all your wonderful advice and support this year (and good luck with the partying teenagers, I hope noodle is tucked up with you).

right, back to university challenge....xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry you’re feeling so unwell . I hope you feel better soon. 

Your comment about driving at silly o’clock made me feel a bit sheepish, . I’m the one making other parents drive tonight - although I think a significant section of the party will be staying over. We have a big attic here and my daughter has filled it with inflatable mattresses. 

You paint a lovely picture, . I’m imagining you and your pal, the fire and the cocktail glasses. 

Noodle is partying downstairs. I’m upstairs with my cat on my lap 

Happy new year my lovely friends. Thank you for all the love, care and support this last year and let’s hope 2020 brings us something good 

xxx

• You take care

Happy New Year

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Lovely people! Just thought I'd sneak in before the bells to wish you all Health and Happiness in the new decade about to start. Let's hope lots more drugs will be a success in keeping cancer at bay and then curing it in the near future!

Need to go now as almost time to put the kettle on and get a huge hug! Thank you all for your support and friendship, I don't know what I'd do without you all!!

Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Happy New Year! That's 12 o'clock! The bells r sounding, the fireworks r blasting & my dogs r going loopy - apologies 2 the neighbours.

Cheers 2 all with my cheeky Malibu & coke!

2020 here we come Wink

WB xx

• Good Morning and Happy New Year to all you lovely people.

We had a very quiet one last night and stayed in.  My wife was on the wine whist I shared a shandy with my 14 year old.  He later went on to try a can of cider.  At his age I was ready to dive head first into trying any alcohol but he takes a much more measured and probably reasonable approach.

I hope that those of you who are suffering bugs, colds and other various ailments are feeling better today and hope that you all have a better year ahead than you expect.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Happy New Year Everyone!

Not going as planned, after 4 days in bed with a virus was an emergency admission to hospital yesterday with a big spike in temp & feeling dreadful. In a side room incase I’m infectious. Heard the fireworks at the Minster and that was it.

We made it to 2020, against the odds for some of us. I hope everyone will be as well as possible for as much of the time as possible, and will tolerate treatment with minimal side effects.

More importantly I hope everyone has something to look forward to in the year ahead, and someone to share the good times with.    xx

• Hi ,

Happy New Year but so sorry to hear that you started the year in hospital.  I hope that you are feeling better soon, are they pumping you full of antibiotics now?

love and hugs,

Gragon xx