Liver Biopsy

• 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

I asked for info about liver biopsies and Daloni very kindly gave me a blow by blow account on another thread. I had the procedure yesterday and it was not as bad as I was expecting. The worst was worrying it woudnt happen as it was booked for 1.30 but I didnt go to theatre unti 5pm, then there was some discussion about if they could do it, as I needed 6 hours monitoring afterwards, and the day case unit closed at 10pm. Luckily they found me a bed on a surgical ward for the period till midnight, so they could go ahead- not much fun waiting all prepped and ready to go though. Anyway the very young female surgeon was very gentle and clear in what she was doing, and I felt very little. Lying on my right side for 2 hours after the procedure was uncomfortable but bearable, and then the food and drink after, by then, 24 hours of fasting was welcome. Staff were lovely both on the day case unit and the ward. The ward staff were reluctant to discharge me at midnight - maybe thought I would turn into pumpkin or something, so I ended up staying till morning and going home after a decent breakfast. No pain immediately after or since, so I think my surgeon must have been very good. Just the results of the biopsy to worry about now....but I am trying to live in the moment. Christmas day is a distraction anyway - trying to get  cooking timings right is always a joy!

Diane

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That’s great news, . I’m so glad it went well and that you’ve not experienced much in the way of pain. 
    xx

• Oh great news Diane, so pleased it all went ahead and is now behind you. Yes the worst thing is the hanging around wondering if they are doing it or not but glad it went smoothly!

Hope you managed the gpcooking times! Lol!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!