Christmas wishes and a big thank you to you all.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Dear friends, wishing you all a Merry Christmas and thank you for all the help you have given me in 2019

• Hi Jane I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas. Do you go visiting or maybe have visitors on Christmas Day?

I must say, when I count my blessings (& there are many!) this Group comes high on my list! I honestly don't know where I'd be now, without it over the past six years since stage4 terminal (I now say incurable) diagnosis! One of the first things I read was "welcome to the rollercoaster" and it certainly has been! Thanks everyone, have a great Festive Season and a Healthy, Happy *2020*! Wow! I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd get to say that**! Hang in there people, miracles do happen!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Dear, it’s just me and hubby for Christmas, we have no children or extended family, but I’m going to enjoy it all the same. I bought a 2020 calendar recently that I wasn’t convinced I was going to be needing, but it turns out it won’t be going to waste after all ! ! ! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Folks 

Christmas greetings from me too! I can only echo Annette in saying that this group is one of my biggest blessings. I count all you regulars as friends and you’ve helped me more than you could know. 

I wish you all a happy Christmas, whoever you are spending it with. Let’s not think thoughts about maybe this being the last. Let’s stay in the day where there are good friends, family, love and laugher. Let’s be at the heart of making that love and laugher 

xxx

• Hi Jane Your day sounds perfect. I'm so glad you bought that new calendar. Maybe this time next year, you can let me know if there was enough space in it to write all the things you got up to! Of course it won't be wasted!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi

I agree, your day sounds perfect, the love you have for each other is company enough. 

Wish I could be with you, I'll be there in spirit. 

So that's the secret, I'll be trying to get a 2021 calendar asap. It's fair to say that I am more than a little worried because of the change in my blood. I really don't know what to expect if I have an infection. I'll be back at the cancer unit in 2 weeks so I hope my regular Haematologist is there, I've already lost her boss who has been treating me for about 5 years, ever since I was diagnosed with haemachromatosis, the Celtic curse, whoever it is, I have a few questions, I was just so stunned the last time when the news was given to me that I am neutropenic now. You see, a blood transfusion is probably out of the question because my iron (ferritin) level is more than 12 times the normal level. So yes I'm more than concerned. 

Tvman

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Dear, I know what it’s like when a trusted member of your cancer team leaves. My nurse who had been through my whole journey with me left recently and I miss her a lot. She provided continuity and friendship, and I have to admit her departure has unsettled me somewhat. So the fact you are experiencing new developments added to that will raise your anxiety. Try not to let it spoil your Christmas and remember we are here if you need to talk 365 days a year. 

• Hi

Thanks very much, my son is home for Christmas for the first time in 8 or 9 years so I won't let it spoil our Christmas celebrations. I get more sympathy and support here, probably because you all are going through the same trials and tribulations. I feel like a warm blanket has been wrapped around me when I come in.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember

Happy Christmas one and all.....whatever you are all going through, and I know it is tough, I wish you all much happiness and joy for the festive period.  And thank you to you all for all your help and support this year, you are amazing!!!!!!

• FormerMember

Hi Tvman, what a beautiful thing to say, you also wrap warm blankets around us with your replies. I hope you always feel warm and cozy when you visit here, I am thinking of you and admire your stoicism and wish I could be like you! Wishing you a happy, warm Christmas and hope you manage to get some peaceful joy and relaxation.

much love and hugs

Pat xxx 

• Thank you so much Pat Heart️ The tenner is in the post lol Joy

Tvman xx

Love life and family.