Problems with ANTIBIOTICS?

• 40 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi Everyone, As you know I have been in bed all week with a severe chest infection my GP said was heading towards pneumonia. He gave me a 7 day course of Clarithromycin 500mgs twice a day! The main problem is my mouth! I feel as if my tongue is raw and I've lost the top layer of skin on it! My whole mouth is now sore and burning, it sounds crazy but even my teeth are painful.

I was wondering has anyone else had this kind of reaction to this or any other antibiotic? I only have 2 for Monday and one for Tuesday and that's me finished the course but don't know whether call my GP for advice in the morning or to just finish the course and hope this all goes away!

Thank you for reading this, it's making me miserable and that's just not me! Even my cup of tea tastes terrible. He did say I'd have a metallic taste in my mouth but.........

• Hi all

I've not been here much for a day or so because I picked up my son yesterday and also had to watch Liverpool become the best club in the world last night Slight smile

I have a Toyota CH-R self charging hybrid and I love it, with its stunning looks and good fuel economy. Most trips I get 60+ mpg. True, the electric side of it only works below 25 mph so it's good for driving around Belfast city centre looking for a parking space! 

I went up to my plot in the garden (my house is built into a hill so it's level with the roof)  and brought our Christmas tree in and it's now decorated. We bought a rooted tree 3 years ago and after Christmas I take it back outside in its pot and set it in a little hole so it's stable and leave it there until the next Christmas. I may have to re pot it this year though. It's slow growing, I got it at about 2 ft tall and now it's still not 4 ft tall yet but you can see the new growth all over it,   Annette, strange you mentioned bringing a branch in snd painting it, that's exactly what we did last year and it's going to be indoors this year too! 

As my son is home now I might not be able to contribute much in the next few days so I want to take this chance now to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and may you all be able to enjoy some Christmas meal.

I know there may be a couple of you that because of your religion you don't celebrate Christmas so I hope you at least enjoy the little break and put your feet up for a day or two.

Millie , it has just flashed up on my screen that 2 people have replied to your birthday, I haven't seen much yet, so I hope you have a very happy birthday and you can celebrate it well. Just a thought Millie, we're shivering at around 5°C/41°F these days, so go on, make us really jealous and tell us how warm it is with you and whether you have blue sky and much sunshine! 

Ciao folks

Tvman x 

(Ciao is how Wee Blonde used to sign off, how are you ?/ anyone hear from her? I hope you can enjoy Christmas with your family xx)

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Dear

I’m still in cold and wet San Francisco , leave for Kauai on Monday 23rd.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Hugs to all,

millie

• FormerMember

Hi Tvman

I'm still here. Bit more aches & pains, & currently another infection (thanks alien boob!) - so feeling a bit bleurghh. New 2 me antibiotics r making me feel rough & even put me off my steak dinner that I'd cooked 4 us all last night...wot a waste.

On another note, we bought our 1st ever real xmas tree this week. Not a huge beast as it had 2 fit into a Fiesta & I already had the big dog in the luggage space - impulse buy! The tree not the dog Wink

Have a good Christmas everyone

Ciao ciao

WB xx

• Hi WB

So glad you're able to send a post, I was very worried about you. 

Aw the poor dog having to fit between the branches! If I did that with my dog he'd probably start munching on the tree. I bring logs in sometimes for the fire and he ignores them for a while then when he thinks he has lulled us into a false sense of security, he'll get his teeth into the bottom one of the pile and pull.......

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thanks for all thenhydrid info.

we do get some big puddles her in the country lanes to drive through.

will it cope with that ?

yes Annette the dogs will get treats and toys to play with while we all have presents. It is good we have dogs to walk it gets us out 

we also walk to the local pub Christmas morning.

Happy Christmas everyone whatever  you are doing 

love 

Ruth 

• FormerMember

Well you have all made me grieve for the dog I have longed for and I will never have or perhaps not. 

I took my grand children to Dobbies garden centre the other day and there was the dog of my dreams and for once my grand daughter did not totally freak out. I thought she must not have seen it but she said to me there's a dog nana. I said it was the dog I would have got and she just said but you are not getting one nana because if I wanted to come we would have to kill it and that would not be nice. I was a little taken aback and she agreed it would be a very sad thing to do but she had heard some children talking about a dog that had to be put to sleep. Obviously the parents had presented it as something that had to be done for the best to make it easier for the child. However when you have Autism and a profound fear of dogs it seemed a viable thing to do. We are now of the thinking that sending it on a holiday might be a better thing to do. It just goes to prove we never know quite what people take from conversations. 

I have contented myself with a lovely life size brass figure of my dog and it is easy to keep and does not chew anything. If I could get it to wag its tail and jump onto my lap I could be sorted. 

Love to all human and animal friends at Christmas. 

• Hi Ruth

I think it would cope ok with puddles up to 20 inches. Even petrol or diesel cars don't cope with deepish water because the air intake for the engine is taken from the bottom of the engine which explains why most cars can't cope with deep water.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thanks for the reply.

i will take one for a test drive in the new year.

a new car is something to look forward to. I am also booking a summer holiday. If I am not well enough we won’t go but it is good to look forward to things 

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Dear

I think the highest off the ground of all suvs is the new RAV4 hybrid (42mpg) 4 wheel drive and  s CVR is also high. 

Hugs 

millie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear

sometimes shelters will allow dogs to visit a few days or perhaps there is someone in your community that has a small well behaved dog that needs sitting while on vacation win win for you get your dog fix and a few extra dollars... that my plan when Mr Skipi passes of old age.

Hugs

Millie