With the End in Mind by Kathryn Mannix

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 41 subscribers

I know a lot of you have found this book a comfort. I already have it but I thought I’d let you all know that the Kindle edition is only 99 pence but just for today on the Daily Deal.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there, I had not heard of this book and am wondering if I would find it distressing to read (if that makes sense?). Would you recommend it, do you think it helps?

let me know what you think, thanks heather x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I found it difficult in parts so I think people need to make up their own mind. I know a lot of people in this group have found it brought comfort to a lot of members of this group so I thought I’d flag up the temporary price reduction. 

• It's probably a better one for the people in the end of life subgroup than some of the folks in this group. 

Like myself, I'm an incurable but at 38 they are hoping old age gets me first. So a book about thinking about the end prob isn't right for me.

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember

Hi

I have read it and found it a huge comfort but also difficult in parts. I couldn’t read it in one go, I had to keep coming back to it. It’s beautifully written and very humane while being very honest. 

xx

• Thanks ,

I've bought it whilst it's cheap (after all I am from Yorkshire) but might hold off from reading it for a while.

Love Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

I’m glad I helped a Yorkshireman save money.

• FormerMember

Thanks everyone, I might buy it and then approach it cautiously lol

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear maybug, thank you for bringing this book to my attention I will check it out. It’s good to know that these books are available if we want to read them. This group has such a wide range  of people at different stages in their cancer journey that it will vary from person to person what they need or want to know , but a book like this means you can explore the issues at your own pace.

• FormerMember

It’s probably more expensive now. The deals just last one day which was yesterday.

• FormerMember

Dear maybug, I’m a hard copy kind of girl anyway so it’s not a problem, thanks for telling me about the book.