Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi daloni

thinking of you for tomorrow ,hope everything goes as well as can be ,and better than expected 

the world is better with a puppy ,that is definite.  

Wishing you well

positive.  Thoughts

janet

xxxxxxx

• FormerMember

Good luck for tomorrow, Daloni, both with the treatment and the clarification. All fingers and toes are crossed.

• Hi Daloni, Good luck for this week and I hope the travelling doesn't tire you out too much!

Id just like to echo everything AP7 just said! 

We are all with you in spirit! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thanks Tvman, that five pound note would have come in handy but they don't take Irish notes in Scottish shops! Lol! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Daloni, hope your treatment goes ok today. xxLynn 2

• FormerMember

Morning all

I am on my way to London Town to start this trial. The next hurdle is passing the skin prick test. If I get an allergic reaction I’ll be sent home. 

I also have some good news. I just re read the patient information leaflet and guess what? Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. Glory hallelujah! Luckily I have a habit of stuffing receipts into my wallet. Just checked and bingo. They are all there - CT scan last week, yesterday and obvs today’s too. Go me! Go my bank account! 

• FormerMember

Soz, late 2 the conversation again.

Good luck Daloni with everything that's coming up. Currently plugged into the red party juice (aka E.C. chemo) 4 #4 of treatment. Veins as usual pick 2day 2 play hide & seek. But thankfully water, heatpad & a very patient nurse managed 2 cannulate at the 2nd attempt.

Take care

WB xx

• FormerMember

Hi WB

Fourth of four sessions at the juice bar, eh? The end is in sight! How’s the alien boob? What kind of vegetable are you dressed as today? I still chuckle about you onion bag description. I am sure it’s no fun at all in reality but your words conjured up such a funny image. 

I’ve arrived at the trials unit. Bed: check. Slippers: check. Cup of tea and biscuit: check. BP 110/67, temp 36.7. All looking good so far....

xxx

• FormerMember

Fingers & everything else cross 4 u Daloni.

I've had my quota of juice 4 2day & have gone home 4 a wee break. Have appt 4 dressings & a flu jab at 12.45 so couldnt b a**** 2 go into work 4 an hour or so.

Onc is aiming for 6 doses of this particular poison b4 re-scanning & seeing if I'm stable or any improvement. Not sure wot will happen if it isn't working. Sad thing is the results will b just b4 xmas - not the news anyone wants 2 hear then...

Still modelling my sexy "light airy white chic cotton boob tube" aka the inside out modified incontinence knickers. It holds the dressings in place mostly, but its soul destroying. As usual I have another infection so back on the weight loss pills aka the antibiotics that destroy my guts. Alien boob is being destroyed from the inside so looks flippin awful. Wouldnt b a Playboy model anytime soon.

Hope u have plenty of distractions with u 2 pass the time 2day.

Take care

WB xx

• FormerMember

Oh crap, WB. Or should that be pants? Sorry. Appallingly bad taste. 

What do you think about putting off hearing results until after Christmas? I did that with scan results this summer and asked them not to let me know until I was home from holiday. 

I am glad you’re home. Take it easy once the remainder of your NHS contact hours are over 

Xxx