Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

These are my girls, all dressed in their bridesmaid finery. They look so beautiful it makes me cry. 

• FormerMember

And this is the happy couple with my sister, brother in law and niece. The bride is blowing in her sister’s eyes because she couldn’t stop crying. 
    It was a very beautiful wedding full of love and laughter and tears of joy. I took a two hour nap between the lunch and the evening dance and stayed up until midnight  

xxx

• FormerMember

Well done u Daloni. Looks & sounds like a happy time had by all.

Hope u get a chance 2 recharge those batteries.

Take care

WB xx

• Hi Tvman, Just wanted to say, enjoy your special hug, commiserate for as long as your daughter needs, then make some happy memories with her for the remainder of your visit! I will be thinking about you tomorrow! Take with you a virtual hug to give you the strength you will need! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Dalone, What beautiful photos, but how could it not be with such gorgeous girls who all look amazing and I think even if they were wearing bin bags they would still look beautiful!

Im so pleased you managed a nap in the afternoon, it makes such a difference! Well midnight!! I hope you left with both shoes!LOL!

I do remember a time when you didn't think you would make it both for your daughter going to Uni and for this wedding and fantastic you've surpassed all expectations. The wedding looks lovely and I'm so pleased you had a lovely day! Now you can enjoy a well earned rest once you are home!! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Oh Daioni

What beautiful daughters u have  

U must b beaming with pride 

Kym xx

• FormerMember

What beautiful daughters you have Daloni

the photos show a happy day . It is really great to hear you had such a good time .

take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

TVman

I'm glad you are able to travel across to Peterborough to see your daughter. There’s nothing quite like a hug from dad. I think that after the hug and the sad chat then some nice distractions would be good. To cheer you both up.  

Polly

• FormerMember

Me too Daloni! Your daughters are so beautiful you must be bursting with pride. The photos capture the joy of the wedding beautifully. made all the more special beacause you were there and able to enjoy it. Midnight eh, atta girl Smile

Good luck this week, will be thinking of you xxx

• FormerMember

Beautiful photos Daloni and lovely memories made.All the beat for this week.xx