Sore Tongue - Not Thrush

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

So sensible answers only please!!!! (As if I would get anything else...)

I have a very sore bit on the side of my tongue due 2 taking a sliver of skin off when I was using my tongue 2 poke a bit of food from a sharp tooth. It is agony, even worse I would say than some of those nasty mouth ulcers we've all had.

I've tried salt water, difflam rinse & bonjela. Also forced myself 2 eat some ice cream - that was a real struggle haha!

Its sore 2 eat & drink and add 2 that our reduced healing time with cancer & associated treatments its proving 2 b a bit of a nightmare. Even sore 2 speak - I can't stay quiet!!!!

All answers gratefully received Slight smile

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ouch! Try benzidamine mouthwash. It has a local anaesthetic and will numb the sore bit. I had it prescribed by my CNS but I believe you can get it at Boots. 

Xx

• Hi WB

A real sore problem indeed. It shouldn't take too long though if the "reduced healing time", as you say, is correct! Maybe it's affecting your powers of thought too lol. 

See if you can get some more ice cream and a few ice cubes so you can freeze the relevant area of the tongue. Not too much, I don't want you to lose the power of speech!

If that doesn't work then go for the wise words of Daloni. I burn my tongue quite often and I will remember her suggestion. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Daloni, but I've already tried that as Difflam is the brand name 4 Benzidamine.

Will just have 2 suffer & endure the ice cream diet. It's hard but someone has 2 do it Wink

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I do not have an answer to get rid Mouth ulcers as I am still suffering them but if it's any help. Before eating I have a minutes mouth wash with dispersable aspirin solution, then with a cotton bud I cote the ulcer with instalagell. And before sleeping I do same but with salt mouth wash and cost with gellclair