Here we go again!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 41 subscribers
About Me
Hello everyone. This is my second experience of breast cancer after a long battle starting in 2010. At Christmas I found out I now have advanced incurable breast cancer and I have been prescribed palbociclib and letrozole just completing my fifth cycle. A recent CT scan shows the cancerous lymph nodes have diminished in size which is excellent news but..... there always seems to be a 'but'!! Yesterday my consultant discovered I have heart problems, an obstruction in my throat and a nasty skin rash!!! She is referring me to cardiology and ENT for the heart and throat issues and dermatology for the rash. This she believes is a reaction to the medication. I wonder if anyone can advise me what to use to ease the soreness until I see the experts?
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

oh poop! That’s a lot to deal with in one go. Fab news that the nodes are shrinking but why is there always a but? 

I’ve had some quite nasty skin rashes due to meds in the past and the thing I’ve found most useful to soothe them is Udderly Smooth cream. You can get it off the internet. It was recommended to me by the chemo pharmacist. It’s the same pH as your skin. That and steroid cream but I think you’d best talk to your doc about that. 

Good luck with everything! 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi,  Daloni,I'm a Udderly Smooth fan, myself. Was introduced to it by a sewing friend. It is really helpful. she suggested it for sore hands gardening and sewing. I find is is ascorbed quickly enough that I can go back to sewing almost immediately after application. 

When I had rash at injection sites during chemo, it helped with that as well.

JudithAH, sorry that the news wasn't all good. Hang onto the news that the nodes are shrinking.

Thinking of you.