Good scan results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 27 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Goof afternoon my incorrigible chums 

I am delighted to report that my scan last week showed the cancer is broadly stable. So after six months of chemo plus experimental tablets, I’m now on experimental tablets alone. Hurray! 

It’s been a trying day, mind you. I got to the hospital st 10am and I’m still here at 4pm waiting for my tablets. It’s mighty hard not to eat all the custard creams. 

Aaargh! 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

that is super cute (meant as a compliment) idea of a biscuit factory tour.  I must say I'm a custard cream fan with my tea (anyway but milky and with 1 sugar) lol 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oh you do make me laugh . You’re quite right, custard creams are made in Carlisle. Apparently the factory lends the town an overall aroma of biscuit. Is that a dream come true or a nightmare? I did do a tour of a biscuit factory in France one time (the joys of a rainy fortnight in Normandy). I still have the biscuit tin although the beautiful buttery French delicacies are long gone. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Can we have a Hobnob tour? A superior biscuit altogether imho.

• I've been on a tour of the Fox's Biscuit Factory near Leeds. The best bit was the factory shop that's open to the public! Lol

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Ok folks 

Who remembers the loose broken biscuits counter at Woolworths?

I used to live near a McVities biscuit factory  - no tours but the workers all got the broken biscuits so going around their houses for tea and biscuits was always fun.

Albondigas x 

• I actually work in a food factory, but we do not produce anything as comforting as biscuits (and, yes, I can remember the broken biscuit counter at Woolies). We produce primarily all the bagged, leafy salads along with side salads, and layered salads amongst other products for M&S. Currently all orders are going through the roof with the prediction of a really sunny weekend.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to John Boy2

I remember the broken biscuits at Woolies. I also remember going with my mother to the cleaners with the bed sheets each week and the little labels they came back with. Before the supermarket opened, the place to get ice cream was the fishmonger as they had freezers. I don’t remember steam trains pulling in to Mortlake station but my sister, who is six years older, does.