Finally Appointment in a Specialized Center

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hey Everyone,

I have an appointment in Toronto at the Princess Margaret Hospital one of the top five cancer centres in the world. My appointment is set for July 15th. Maybe I will finally have a treatment plan.  The hematologist here wasn’t going to see me until September 30,th.  Like that makes sense your incurable stage 4 we are not treating yet and I don’t want to even check your blood until September.  Even my family Dr felt it was ridiculous. Funny thing I got the report the hematologist sent to Princess Margaret she has not confirmed indolent she just felt based on two years of slow progress based on MY CT scans she felt it was indolent. Nothing about the fact i went from two abnormal glands in the neck to multiple in less than a six month span on ultrasound reports  (that does not spell indolent).  At least I have some sort of plan moving forward but sitting knowing it’s there and metastasizing without treatment that could put me at least in a short term remission is difficult to deal with. So July 15th with Princess Margaret and August 3rd getting married, hopefully just after the wedding I can start treatment!  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, good that you are getting started - and at a hospital with a great reputation. You'll have "a lot on your plate" this Summer. Glad this includes a happy event in the wedding. Wish you the best!

BTW it does pay to be a bit obnoxious and not be a passive patient.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Lin.  Yeah I can be a pain in the ass sometimes to drs. But I’m only 45 and don’t plan to watch myself slip away anytime soon. So if I have to fight for treatment I will. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

Great plan! Sometimes we have to be our own advocates. 

Congratulations on the wedding too. 

Xx