goodbye Jaykay8

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Dear friends
I am very sad to have to let you know that our dear Jaykay8 died yesterday. She was peaceful in the hospice with her son and daughter at her side.
Jaykay's son asked me to let you know how much she appreciated the supportive network she found in the community and in this group in particular and how much she enjoyed getting to know the folks here - albeit virtually.
I know I valued Jaykay's online friendship. She was an amazing support here and in other groups where her measured reassurance, deep knowledge and willingness to share her experience made a big difference to many, many people.
I will miss her. I know others will too.

Xx

• Oh no! I just came onto our Group to try to catch up on what I've missed since taking a serious infection (plus) after my spinal surgery and this is the first thing I read. I am so relieved she did manage to be admitted to the hospice as I know she was worried about the shortage of beds! Also the fact her son and daughter were with her, was just as she wanted it! I feel bad not having been in touch, (with anyone but especially JayKay) as she joined this group in 2014, the year after me and was a very brave lady and we shared a lot during our online friendship. She will be sadly missed! Please send my love to her family!

I will come back soon and let you all know what's been happening but for tonight, I'll just remember my virtual friend and pray for her!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Dear Daloni,

Thank you for letting us all know.  It is never easy being the bearer of such sad news but you have done so beautifully.

JayKay8 always came across as very thoughtful and supportive, her posts were always welcome and she will be missed.

If you talk to her family again would you please pass on my condolences and wish them well.

Gragon x

• Hi Daloni

I'm having a little break from the community because my daughter and almost 3 year old grandson are over from Peterborough and staying with us. This house feels as if a whirlwind has come through it! I have read some lovely posts to me and I will reply in a couple of days. 

However, I have to reply to you now, Daloni,  because I have read the sad news that JayKay has passed on. It's always so sad when a member of our community dies, would you pass on my condolences to her family please, thank you.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Such sad news. 

JayKay was such a great support to me when I was diagnosed and waiting for treatment. 

Such a thoughtful and caring woman. She gave me more than I was able to express to her. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Such sad news, jaykay was so encouraging and caring. 

I'm glad she wss in the hospice x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Such sad news. Lots of love to her family  

Best wishes Pxx