I did it my way

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 46 replies
  • 7 subscribers

I did it my way.

Hello everyone, just wanted to update you on my latest news. It has been confirmed today that I have become refractory to all available active treatment and I will now only receive purely palliative care to control symptoms as I let nature takes it course. Fortunately preparations for this turn of events were made many months ago so my husband and I can spend our remaining weeks together relatively stress free. I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support you have given me and hope I have given it in return. My intention is to stay in touch for as long as I can as I am not currently in any distress. I have had a good life and a wonderful marriage so am not bitter about what has happened.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

me too : (

Onc gave me the news December 16th but Ididn't know how to 'announce' it.

thanks for making it easy for me.

have sent you a request.

Sue

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear Jane, I am so sorry to hear your news but I suspect this was not a surprise to you. I just wanted to send all my love to you and your husband over the next period, I suspect within all the courage you are showing there is some fear of what is ahead so I wanted you to know you are very much in my thoughts, there is nothing more to be said.

all my love heather xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi @skaila such news needs a separate post.  I hope you and your family are coming to terms with this news although I do not know how expected it was I suspect it is still hard to hear.  I wish you all the very best I can and send you all my love that I have.

love heather xxx

• Sometime words are just not enough. I wish you all the love and support in the world. I can offer you no words of wisdom and just no words of comfort I can offer you. Thank you for your support to this group. 

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to IamLyn

I am the same as Lyn

Nothing i can say, you will both be in my though's i cannot find any right words there are't, any.

Ellie 

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Dear ,

Your posts are always so positive, and this one is no exception. 

I'm very sorry to hear this. You've said previously that you had found peace with your situation and that must take a great deal of courage and reflection. It's comforting to know that you've had a good life and a wonderful marriage, but part of me just wants to scream.

I hope you and your husband will have more precious times together and the very, very best of care and support.

love and best wishes to you both xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Dear ,

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I'll PM you and in the meantime send you much love and best wishes. Thinking of you and remembering the laughter xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • @Johnty, @skaila,

Hello Jane and Skaila,

Just wanted to send my love to you and your families.

Gragon xx

• [deleted]

Sharon xx

Hubby - Left tonsil squamous cell carcinoma P16 positive with neck nodes T1N1M0 - 30 fractions of radiotherapy and 6 weeks of chemotherapy, Cisplatin in December / January 2019/20

Me - Invasive lobular breast cancer - Grade 2, Stage 2 - mastectomy October 2019 - 15 fractions of radiotherapy December / January 2019/20 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Johnty/jane

in such a short time you have become a supportive and inspirational (virtual) friend.   
    thank you
    luv and hugs debs xxx