waiting on results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 1 subscriber

Hi everyone,

It's been a while. I'm awaiting results of CT scan which was done yesterday after a lot of messing about. I've been self isolating for years on and off due to chemo and surgery etc, so at least had some training for this crazy situation we are all in now. I'm mentally and emotionally at a low ebb, crying all the time. All members of family in lockdown abroad, an old, at risk mother I can't go near. I found myself angry at the hospital at people now receiving expert care, mentally and physically while cancer patients have been doing this for years already. Nine hour long appointments, mistakes, forgotten tests, administration mistakes etc..People are only in lockdown a few weeks getting a taste of it. Maybe that is my resentment, then I just become overwhelmed with sadness, then anger again. I think i have accepted my diagnosis and then this fight comes back, and I almost don't want it, but hope never dies. I feel so alone inside this morning. Whether people are far away or right beside me, it's a journey I walk alone and I'm so tired today. Sorry for the moaning. I hope everyone is OK and safe. I'm very grateful to be alive at all, but this hurts so deep.

Virtual hugs to all my fellow travelers.

Kate. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kate

I think we all understand the rollercoaster ride you are on and have been for some time. Sometimes you just want to get off and rest but then you just wonder what is over the next hill and you have to stay put. 

I also sympathize with what you are feeling about the current situation. None of us want to think of others suffering and even dying but after years of fighting and persevering it is hard to find that your cancer treatment is being put on the back boiler as there are other more important things. Especially when it is very questionable what diverting all resources to the out break is actually achieving. It would also seem that although some areas of the NHS are being stretched and my heart goes out to them, there are an awful lot of staff with nothing to do. 

I am sorry to hear how alone you feel I know I am lucky as I have a loving family I can contact whenever I need them. However there are things you don't like to worry them about and we keep them to ourselves, share here or depending on you beliefs take them to a higher place. 

I think it is hard when you get to this stage to find the good days it seems that you get rid of one symptom and another arrives. I am giving thanks at present that a cough that was driving me mad has become much better. Yesterday however I was vomiting most of the day, which I am not too bothered about, then last night a new symptom started. I now have a vibration in my foot it actually feels like I have a mobile phone in my sock. Strange thing not painful just odd. 

I am determined to get something's off my to do list today which is really just sorting the house out and putting things in writing for when I am not here. 

I thought it would be very upsetting and make things more final but  it actually feels the right thing to do. Some things I find set me off as I remember things but most of the time I think I am glad I am not leaving this for others to sort out. 

At present however I am sorting stuff out but cannot get rid of it because of the lockdown.

My husband has forsaken me as he says I do too much and am exhausted by 10 am. 

Hope you scan results come through soon and they are favourable.