Effectiveness of radiotherapy

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

I have been offered radiotherapy on 3 lymphoma tumours to try to slow down the progression. I had a pet scan 4 weeks ago which showed cancer in 3 areas. The radiologist has said that all 3 areas can be treated which should give me ‘a few more months’. I finally started treatment yesterday and am being given radiotherapy on 5 consecutive days. The thing is that the tumour in my foot has probably doubled in size since the PET scan. Surely I can’t be the only person whose cancer continues to grow between planning and starting treatment. So I’m wondering how it is going to work. I assume it is targeted at the cancer that showed on the scan, but now it covers a larger area so what about the parts that weren’t cancerous then? What are other people experiences?

• Hi Lellynelly

I am in the process of reviewing some of the unanswered posts and I came across your post above. I don't know if this is a duplicate post or whether it was one of the few that got caught up in the website improvements. If it has not previously been acknowledged, please accept my apologies.

I have read a couple of your most recent forum posts, where others have responded, which is great. 

I am unable to answer the questions you pose, nor do I know if you still need the answers to them, but hopefully by my responding here, this will bump this post up and others may be able to offer their thoughts or experience. 

Sending strength.

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!