Thickening shampoos/conditioners

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi, I’m just coming to the end of chemo, one more to go. I’ve been using a cold cap to reduce hair loss and as advised by the oncology nurse, throughout I’ve been using a gentle shampoo and conditioner, ie without chemicals or perfume (Simple). However, I’ve been told I can go back to using my preferred shampoo/conditioner 2/3 weeks after my last chemo and I am just wondering if anyone has found any of the many thickening shampoos/conditioners on the market any good or are they just a marketing ploy?!

Also, anyone found eye lash serums any good (bit late asking this because I’ve already ordered one! Grin)?

Thanks

• Good morning,

l remember being pleasantly surprised how Loreal Elvive thickened up my fine hair and that was just a relatively  cheap shampoo.  But this was years ago and long before l started down the cancer road.

I've shaved my head for the duration of chemotherapy and only cover it up if l'm cold or its really hot outside. l use factor 50 sun screen most days. l alternate between loving the look to not being able to look in the mirror.

Can you let me know how you get on with the eyelash serum, l should invest in some if its worth it and as for my poor eyebrows they're all but gone now.

LouEbelle Heart
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LouEbelle

Thanks LouEbelle, I’ll let you know how I get on with my hair and eyelashes, might be a while though!

As for my eyebrows, I plucked them into obscurity back in the early 70s when really thin eyebrows were the fashion but I’ve had tattooed eyebrows now for quite a few years. Have you thought about using a stencil? 

• Hello Chrissie

l was flicking through the online community last night and l cant remember where l read it, but somebody recommended

cancerhaircare.co.uk its a brilliant site and may be of use to you. 

All the best Louise x 

LouEbelle Heart
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LouEbelle

Thanks Louise 

Yes it is, I had a look a week or so ago after someone else recommended it.

Take care, Chrissie xx