Has anyone heard of this diet?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 46 subscribers
I have been given some information about a special diet - or more exactly a dietary addition. It's a mixture of Flax oil and flax seeds mixed with Quark and Raw honey to be eaten twice a day. I have got the ingredients together (slightly more detailed than I have said above) and intend to get my husband to try it. Try anything once I guess. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of it or even tried it? The man who gave it to me was given 6 months to live over three years ago and swears it's this which has done it as he's has no treatment since starting to use it. If anyone's interested I'll put the full recipe on here but have no idea if it's going to be of any help to us or anyone., just wondered if anyone else has ever heard of it?
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Yvonne. Please will you give me the recipie. Not had good news today so have until after Xmas to help to shrunk the vile thing or my hubby has to have chemo again. :-( xxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I'd be interested too, hubby open to trying anything to keep going! Thanks
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember
    Ok folks.. For those who might want to try it, here it is as it was sent to me. It came from a lovely man that my daughter met.he has bought one of her rag doll kittens for his wife and when he heard about her Dad he sent her theses details. Extract from his e- mail as follows: *********************************************** Follow these instructions exactly. Give it a go. And feel free to tell anyone who you feel may benefit from it? You will need: A Stick Blender A Coffee bean grinder Cold pressed Flaxseed oil, (not tablets) Holland and Barrett has it in stock and it seems good quality. Best bought in bulk when they have a good offer on. Fresh Linseeds (do not buy ready ground) Raw Honey Low fat Quark, (Asda is best I found the one that the sell blends better) Measure 4 tablespoons of oil and put in a small bowl. Add to it 8 tablespoons of quark Using the stick blender (not to be done by a hand mixer as it is not quick enough) blend the two together until there is no trace of oil left in the bowl. It is important to only mix ONLY these two ingredients together, on their own first. When the mixture is white and creamy with no traces of oil left, it is ready to add the linseeds. Crack two tablespoons of linseeds in the coffee grinder until they are fluffy and stir into the quark mixture. Add a spoon of raw honey to sweeten. Add chopped fruit if you want. Blueberries, bananas. strawberries etc. Stir up and eat within 15 minutes of cracking the linseeds. (it will not keep longer than that, as linseeds oxidise really rapidly when cracked) Work your way up to taking this amount twice a day every day. You can make the quark/oil mix (without the ground linseeds) in the morning and keep half for later in the day. grind one tablespoon of linseed for half the mix as the goodness goes within 15 mins, then for the second lot later in the day grind another tablespoon. Avoid all refined sugar, sugar drinks and all sugar substitutes. Raw Honey only for sweetening. Cut down on red meats. Exercise moderately. And NEVER resign yourself to a Doctors final prognosis! (a good doctor told me this himself). ******************************************************* I have everything now except the Quark and will be off to Asdas tomorrow for that. In case you do t know flax seeds and Linseeds are apparently the same thing and Raw honey hasn't been heat treated. Good luck Yvonne xxxx
  • FormerMember
    Sorry about the lack of paragraphs in my posts. I always put them in but for some reason when my posts appear there are no paragraphs at all. I hope you can read what I have written above.
  • FormerMember
    Thanks.
  • FormerMember

Hi Yvonne, 

I have heard there is a link between heated oils and tumour growth.  A firend of mine is trying a diet which involves no heated oils at all but not heard of anything specifically to do with flax oil.

Kind regards

Lisa

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Yvonne

Yes I've heard of the diet, its called the von Ludwig or Ludwig diet and has been around for quite a while, if you google it there's loads of info out there - I came across it just after Colin was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago, was looking for anything we could try as I expect you are. There are some very good claims made for it, but also found a few warnings. We did try it and it didnt do any harm, but C can't really eat much at all at the moment. Apparently the flax oil is also good on its own, I now smuggle a bit into most things he can manage. Hope it goes well for you and your husband, and sorry you're in this situation too - amazing all the things you suddenly have to learn, most of them that you never wanted to know, isn't it.

xxxMia

• "amazing all the things you suddenly have to learn, most of them that you never wanted to know, isn't it."

Mia, you are not joking !!!

xx

• I think it is the Budwig diet (created in the 1950s) and there is some information on it on the cancer research website that may be useful to read if you are thinking of trying it.  Some of what they say is quite interesting .

Here is the link:

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/about-cancer/cancer-questions/what-is-the-budwig-diet

Apparently there are currently trials going on in the USA involving the use of flaxseeds.

It is also advisable to discuss following any big dietary changes with the oncologist. x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Zebady

Hi all

Yes Hiloa it is Budwig not Ludwig - think my brains going into meltdown with too much info in there!

xxxMia