Progression

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has been in the situation I’m in. 18 months ago my husband was diagnosed with inoperable cancer. We were devastated.  Then after chemotherapy the tumour shrunk so much, I felt amazed that we returned to normal life …. My husband had no symptoms at all.  6 months on after chemo all of a sudden he started with a cough and became breathless literally overnight.  The breathless has been terrible the last few days so we are in touch with the hospital for urgent scan, bloods etc.  this could simply be a chest infection, really hope so but also it could be the C.  Has anyone experienced caring for someone where their condition changed so fast out of nowhere ? A bit worried ….. 

• Hi  

In a word yes - the more detailed version being that my wife's first encounter with chemotherapy caused a lung to collapse ( pneumothorax is the medical term ). Sometimes these can often spontaneously but others are result of an impact on the chest.

Another time I had the problem, I coughed and broke a rib - ouch.

Hopefully for your husband it is something quite simple and fixable but there is always that nagging doubt - looking after ourselves at a time like this is so important.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge