Husband with terminal cancer

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi all, I have just joined the group, my husband took early retirement at 62 on the 30th june, the very same day he found out he had cancer, he has bile duct cancer, spread to his liver, gallbladder and small bowel, he had a stent fitted which damaged his pancreas which then caused pancreatitis, he was in hospital for over 2 weeks, he was extremely ill, he was told he has a few months to live as the tumour is too big and it cant be operated on, with chemo he could have 9 months, he has gone for his 4th lot of chemo today, sadly due to covid as they say I can't be with him. He is so weak, has severe fatigue and can barely walk. I try to stay strong but I have days where I just cry and cant hold it together. I help him wash and bath, I do all his meals, give him his meds and hug him and tell him how much I love him. Between everything else I'm grooming and feeding the cats and cleaning the house. I dont drive so it's now buses and taxis to do the shopping although my daughter takes me once a week for my main shop. Hows everyone else coping? It's so tough at times. Take care everyone and stay strong. X

• It’s so, so tough. I’m in a similar position - although without children. I find all I can do is set my teeth and plod on. Admittedly, there’s not a lot of choice! Wouldn’t it be lovely to have ‘time out’ from cancer. 

Take care and just ‘keep buggering on’ as the saying goes. 

• Hi Amanda, sorry to hear you are going through the same as me, it is tough, yes it certainly would be lovely to have time out from cancer, it's such a cruel illness x