Two Years since diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

It’s been two years today since my daughter was diagnosed Terminál and she’s again back having chemo. First session was 5 days ago and the 48hr pump was detached 3 days ago. She’s still feeling so poorly, tired and low, says she doesn’t want to keep doing this but she’s got 5 more rounds to go... I find it so hard to know what to reply. She knows she’s slowly dying, but how do we know when it’s time to say enough?  I’m feel I’m torn between life and death and don’t want either. 

I don’t really know what I’m asking; just needed to voice it. I’m so tired I can’t think straight. 

• Hi there, I think if I was in your position I would feel exactly the same way as you. My partner who is 70 years old refused chemo, it was his choice. I was upset at the time, but for him it was the right thing. I believe his cancer has returned so perhaps he should have tried the chemo. We want to protect and keep our loved ones, it's what mothers do. I hope that putting your thoughts down has helped a little, please know that we are all behind you and thinking of you. I suppose the only obvious suggestion is a meeting with all concerned , and even then you don't have to take their thoughts on board and you must do exactly what is right for you and yours. Much love, pam xx

Love is eternal