DIEP and DUG/TUG flaps

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hi there, I’ve recently had a follow-up consultation with my surgeon to discuss options for risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction. Up till now I was expecting to go for a bilateral hemi-DIEP but have been told I’ve still not got enough tummy fat (in spite of eating like a beast for the last 6 months!) to create a similar cup size to what I have now.

My surgeon has offered a new option of using 4 flaps for the reconstruction: 2 from the tummy and 2 from the thigh area and I was wondering if anyone out there has had this done and can offer any insight?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join the breast cancer group where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support. I'm sure you'll find others in the group who will have the experience you're looking for.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"