DCIS

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi,

Me too have had DCIS in September 2020. My area covered 10cm in total there were two areas of DCIS the area was too large, I only had small breasts so having a lumpectomy wouldn’t of looked right. My only option was Mascetomy with no reconstruction for now.  It was high grade, stage 0, I totally understand ladies going through this right now. And cannot believe some of the ages of the ladies on here. I was 48, just went for a mammogram for a cyst and mine was found by chance. I feel so lucky, to be able to get rid of it. The recovery from Mascetomy was about 6 weeks. 

My fear now is reoccurrence and body image and I’m dreading my 1st mammogram after surgery which will be August/September time.

The breast care team were amazing, always there on the other end of telephone if I had concerns.They looked after me so well, I couldn’t of asked for better care.

This is such a difficult time, I also found Macmillan on hand for advice and you can always speak to a nurse. Take as much help you can get, because it’s so emotional and I think I cried for weeks.  You need all the support you can get X

• Hi Heartsand freedom welcome to the forum and sorry that you have not had a response as yet although reading your post it sounds like you were not looking for answers but just letting people know  "that this can be done" and not to give up hope. That message is so important when any of us are diagnosed so thank you so much for feeling able to share that.

That first Mammogram is a worrying time and Im sure you will be holding your breath until the results are in but once they do the sense of freedom for a year will feel great and you have that to look forward to. x  

gail

Community Champion Badge