Bad day

• 11 replies
  • 33 subscribers

It’s been four months since my beloved wife passed away. I think I’ve been doing alright but today has been bad. I just can’t see the point of anything anymore. I saw myself as a Christian but I’m having doubts. I don’t expect a miracle from God, I just want a bit of a divine painkiller to help me along but nothing is happening although God knows I’ve asked so many times. I know it’s a relatively early days but I’m feeling so desolate and despairing. I know you’ve all got your own problems, but I just felt I had to vent a little bit because I know  you would all understand. . Love to all.

• Good evening. 

I'm sorry you are having a bad day. 

We all understand, and this site is so good for having a vent.

I don't have a faith so am unable to comment, perhaps others can. 

Tomorrow is another day,  one thought at a time, one foot in front of the other and keep going. Take time to rest, eat and get some fresh air.

Do you have family and friends to support you?

• Ruby diamond x

• Thank you so much for what you have said. I really appreciate it

I have a most wonderful son and daughter-in-law and very good friends and neighbours so that is all a great comfort.

Thank you again and very best wishes.

• Hello 

How well we all know here how you are feeling. A bad day, and there will be others too, but one day will come when there is a little rayon of sunshine. Each day is new. Good advice from Ruby Diamond. Keep it simple is mine. Early stages still and probably you are still in the numb mode. Just getting up in the morning is brave and strong.

Keep coming onto this forum. I say it a million times how much it helps.

Hugs to you

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Thank you so much for this, Fifinet. It really is some comfort to know that there are so many of you out there who know all about it. All the very best to you.

All the very best to you.

• Hello Lexis!

Yes we all `get it here` as we are all more or less on the same journey. I am now 9 months in from losing my husband and like yourself some days I give myself a pat on the back for what I have gone through already without him but there are still the `dark days/weeks` when you just want to hide away and do nothing or see or speak to anyone. Coming on here is good to let off steam and rant or vent whatever you need to do. We just soldier on and take things a day at a time. All we can do really. Best Wishes to you going forward. Take Care. 

Vicky x

• Hi Lexis , ive read your post .. I recently lost my wife to Cancer ..im learning to deal with the bad days , I find talking to my wife still helps , dont fight it and bottle it up , im only a few weeks into this journey we all here are on but have had the same advice from people RL who are on this journey and Members here .Everyone says the same .. talk to someone and get the hugs that make life special or come on here , this club is open 24/7 we are all with you in our own way ..put up a post , someone will answer , MOST OF ALL DONT BLAME YOURSELF ,I know its hard not to but dont . My personal battle is with the fact i couldnt take my wifes place when we discovered she had cancer so i could give her the few more years she so rightly deserved for all the lives she brought into this world and those she helped to save ......sorry this is so long , was meant to be a quick hi, i understand and am with you in this .

1. Thank you so much, Vicky. What you so wisely say is, of course, right and I think it helps if we repeat it to ourselves from time to time. Bless you for sharing this with me and love and hugs from me.
  • Hi Torneo Thank you so much for this.

It’s a great comfort knowing that other people are in the same place. I am so sorry for your loss and know exactly what you are going through. There is no magic bullet to ease the pain, just taking it easy a day at atime. Like you, I also speak to my wife from time to time. Nothing at all wrong with that. Whatever helps is bound to be right. Take care of yourself and very best wishes from me.

• Hi Torneo

Many thanks for your very helpful comments. I entirely agree with everything you have said and it’s good to know that other people are in the same position.

many thanks for your very helpful comments. I entirely agree with everything you have said and it’s good to know that other people are in the same position. I am so sorry for your loss and know what you are going through. Take care and very best wishes. 

• Bad days will come and go, I still have the odd one after six years, but they will get less if you allow them too. Vent away it’s what I did, we know what your going through and know sometimes you just have to, take care of your self and let time start to heal you.