Lost my soulmate this morning

• 14 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi I lost my soul mate this morning to an infection that set in during his first round of chemotherapy for stage 4 lymphoma. Heart broken doesn’t come near how I feel. He was only 54 and we had been each others  best friend for 30 years.I have 2 beautiful children 20 and 18 who don’t deserve to loss their dad and no amount of loving support from my close friends is helping this unbearable ache. How do I move forward?

• Hi 

Really sorry for your loss and totally understand your pain and disbelief. My husband passed away on April 7th a mere 26 days from his diagnosis and our two sons who are slightly older than your children are struggling to comprehend what has happened. Not sure I have any words of wisdom that can help you. I am searching for people who understand the unbearable pain we are experiencing. I am desperately trying to support my sons whilst coping with my own grief and it is a really incomprehensibly difficult place to be. I am just trying to take a day at a time at the moment as I am unable to think further ahead. This forum does really help you to feel you are not alone and if you would like to message me please reach out as knowing we are not alone will help us to take the next step whatever that is. Sending you lots of love and support.

• I am so sorry for the loss of your soul mate. Even if we know its going to happen I don't think we can prepare for the pain and sadness.

Hug your children often and only do the essentials, accept help and support if it's offered.  This site is great for knowing you are not alone.

My husband was 47 and our sons 18 and 12, we all have our own grief journey and nothing is right or wrong. It is so hard but we all understand. 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Thank you Ruby Diamond. I’m so so sorry for your loss too. My children haven’t left my side. One or the other of them is right there with me. The pain comes in horrific crashing waves or it’s just a solid lump in my chest. I feel bad for just sharing my grief in the hope that lovely suffering people like you can give me hope for the future. Thank you again T x

• So sorry for your loss My partner died on the 12 April of lung cancer he was my soulmate and the pain and heart break the longing to have one more moment one last chat one last hug is unbearable  take it hour by hour day by day  this community is my life line and will be yours much love to you xxx

• Thank you Betty21. It is a strange comfort to know I not alone in this horror. T x

• I'm so sorry for you all.  There is nothing I can say that will help. Rest when you can and eat something. Hug your children.

Take care.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Wildcat thank you for your kind words. I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone.

my children are hurting but being so supportive. 

take care of yourself and sending much love x

• Hello Hamster14 

Oh goodness, my heart goes out to you and your children. We, on this forum know only too well what it feels like. Good you managed to find us. It has been a saviour for me this last year, after my Barry died. All the  feelings and all the pain that we experience can be talked about without fear or guilt. Please do.

One day at a time. One small step can even be brave.

Hugs

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Thank you for you lovely kind words and being so warm and welcoming l. I’m finding this so hard and all the responses I’ve had have been so comforting 

sending much love x