Lost my wife

• 50 replies
  • 33 subscribers

I lost my just over week ago to cancer she had terminal cancer she was having treatment for it but it spread I'm coping with it at the moment her funeral is next Saturday I now it's guna hit me on that day and after when I'm at home by myself and not having her around me 

• Hello Andrew

Really sorry to hear your news, this really is the worst of times, your emotions are so raw at the moment, if you can, accept support from family and friends please do, give yourself time and the opportunity to grieve,maybe talk to your GP, there are various support options, it’s so important to be kind to yourself, 

these may help, if not now, maybe have a look later.

https://cdn.macmillan.org.uk/dfsmedia/1a6f23537f7f4519bb0cf14c45b2a629/3034-source/mac15371-e2-bereavement-pdf

and

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/feelings-symptoms-behaviours/feelings-and-symptoms/grief-bereavement-loss/

feel free, to share your feelings on this forum, there are many here who understand your pain, we are here to help you

Thinking of you.

sending you strength and love 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hello

i am told that very early on, the body masks some of the emotions, while dealing with practical stuff. I prepared 3 pin boards of photos of Linda, from holidays family visits her childhood  etc. I surprised my self I was managing so well, but once the practical stuff was finished, bank accounts etc. I was in a mess, that’s when I saw the G.P. For help. I have lots of family photos to scan, but can’t bring myself to do it.
    It may well happen differently for you, but please be prepared, that your mind will concentrate on your loss, once the practicalities are complete. Please give your self time and the opportunity to grieve, it’s a long path, and you need to take it slowly.

sent you a friend request, if you want to PM me, if you feel unable to share openly, feel free to do so. I don’t have much in the way of answers, but will always listen

take care

• My step daughter has been helping me with the funeral plans and sll the other things that need doing 

• Hello

thats very good, that will help you a lot.

take care of you 

• Today I am feeling it today had go and get my new suit for my wife's funeral at the weekend  and also had to deal with the department of works and pensions to try and get some bereavement payments  Slight frown help me they were very understanding I just found it hard to communicate to them Slight frown

• Well done on doing a couple of important jobs today ThumbsupCommunicating with the bereavement teams is a difficult thing to do but they're trained to be patient with us bereavers, it's a job I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do cos I'd be crying along with the caller!

Remember you don't have to tackle everything in a hurry. 1 or 2 things a day or every other day and you'll soon be ticking them off 1 by 1Heavy check markWhite check mark

My step sons were there for me if I  needed them, 1 was staying with us when his dad passed and was still here approximately 2 months after until his house purchase was completed. 

On Saturday hold your head high and be proud that you had your time with your wife Sparkling heartLove Never DiesHeartpulse

Tomorrow is another day
  • My step daughter has been helping with everything  she has been so brilliant 

• Yes I got a text message from of my wife's nice yesterday what she wrote made me cry it was such a lovely message it made me realise that how much I miss her but she will be with  me everywhere 

• Sounds lovely. Take care 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate