You just know it’s not going to be a good day

• 82 replies
  • 36 subscribers

As soon as I woke up this morning I started crying. I just know it’s not going to be a good day and now I am filled with dread and overwhelmed again by those waves of helplessness, loneliness and sadness. I need a ‘switch’ to turn to turn all that off. I hope everybody else is not going to have one of these days. Good luck for today - hope you have a good Wednesday.

• If you are a lunatic then so am l, l have started to wear a particular aftershave of Pete`s. BRUT¬ itwas the one he wore when we were courting back in the early 70s, cost 50p a bottle. God that sounds like a life time ago:(

I find that certain parts of our home l can smell his scent stronger, weird l know but there you go x

I have worn Pete's pants since he passed now l am sure people think l have lost my marbles lol x

But l don`t care they are Pete`s and they are mine x

• I think we all need to do whatever we need no matter what it is, if it helps then go for it. x

• "We're all mad here" ;-)

Tomorrow is another day
  • At least we have another connection:)

• Me too!  I still wear Nic's aftershave and some of his clothes.  I've cleared out a lot of stuff from the office where he worked for the two years from diagnosis until he passed.  It still smells of him after a year, which I find comforting.  My mum told me to keep some of his clothes which hadn't been washed so I have some things with his smell on it.  So thats what I've done.

All this works for me and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• And nor should you be! I just wish I wasn't so ocd about getting the washing done, only got his jacket and a t-shirt and they seem to have lost his smell now, so I spray his aftershave or deodorant on his clothes which works but it not the same 

• It’s official, I’m bonkers too, having not changed his pillow slip, everything of Mart’s is where he left it and yes, I wear his Allure Homme, and I’m so glad I bought the 100ml bottle a month before he passed. 
    We also were not apart more than 3 or 4 nights in 48 years, when he went to conferences, and yes, we were both very lucky to have found each other and lived a happy life. 
    I realise, I try to block the pain, filling my time with irrelevant rubbish, but just realised, it’s 2 years yesterday, since we bought this house, when we were full of hope after his surgery, its knocked me a bit. X