Spending Christmas without a loved one

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I hope you do not mind me posting a discussion today, but I wanted to highlight the most recent Community News blog 'Spending Christmas without a loved one'.

We may all have someone who sadly we can not be with this year either through bereavement, current pandemic restrictions or some personal reasons. I hope that you will find some comfort from it should you take the time to read it.

I just wanted to post it in this group in the hope it will be helpful to you over the festive period and please know that the Community is here for you.

Best wishes and take care over the coming weeks.

Megan

Macmillan Community Team

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Megan, I had a brief look and even saw one of my posts on there! I am going to be kind to myself and try not to feel too much pressure to be full of Christmas cheer when I just wish I could have my husband with me and share a kiss under the mistletoe. Sad times but I shall at least be in a family bubble and we will spend that time talking about my husband and remembering happier times as he loved Christmas xx

• Hi

Thank you for your reply, I know your Christmas won't be the same without your husband, but it sounds like you will have some support around you to help you get through the sad moments. I think that is a lovely thing to by remembering the happy times as although it can be hard to talk about them sometimes, it is nice to cherish the memories. Star2

Take care and make sure you are kind to yourself. 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team