Whatever is that about????

• 32 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all,

I have just replied to a post and got a flash up that I might need to dial 999 or Samaritans for help as I used a word to cause alarm in my post!!! 

Whatever have they done to this site! I didn't think I sounded depressed or like I am desperate for help!!!! 

I am pretty together and moving forward. Weird and very off putting. Please can we have our old chat back!!!

Alison xxx

• Hi,

My name’s Tom and I’m also a part of the Community team here at Macmillan.

We wanted to be clear that our safeguarding pop-up is there to protect our most vulnerable members. You may see it, even though it does not apply to you, because it is automatic. However, it is there to make sure those who really need it, do get the information.  

Your posts are not kept off the site at all by the pop-up.

We always want our members to feel free to express their feelings and find support from others who may be facing something similar. As long as they are mindful of our Community Guidelines.

The changes made to the site were made with members feedback at heart. Below is a link to our Macmillan feedback form, should you wish to raise your concerns further:

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/complaints-and-concerns.html?_ga=2.137968691.2097968234.1597996164-1491149430.1597996164

We aren’t finished updating the site and we will continue to work towards the best possible platform we can, to support people affected by cancer.

Kindest Regards,

Tom
    Macmillan Community Team

• It is a bother at times when I have obviously logged in then want to reply to something and a message pops up saying 'log in to reply' (or some thing like that)I then can only get back on using a slightly different password!!!

What's that all about??? RoflRolling eyes

Tomorrow is another day
  • Where did all the grumpy posts go? Don't tell me they've got a grumpy filter too? 

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Have just fired off a feedback form listing all the reasons the new format isnt working .See what comes back .But everyone keep posting we must keep supporting each other .Im a bit emotional today was in Matalan with my daughter and grandsons and as we passed the mens clothing I realised I wouldnt be buying anything for Bill a ymore dont know why but that really knocked me for six .Its a funny animal this grief thing .Love to us all x

Granny Sue

• RoflJoyJoyJoy

Tomorrow is another day
  • I know what you mean Granny Sue!  Matalan did that to me too- the tâ‚©@{!! Even food shopping gets to me realising how difficult it is cooking for 1. Buying wine and pink gin is no problem though!! 

Hope your feedback gets results. I sent some but I realise there be teething troubles, I couldn't set (reset) nything like this up!! It's good to see some familiar names coming back here Slight smile

Tomorrow is another day
  • where is the long thread i sent this morning regarding this situation

• THE-CHANGES WHERE MADE BECAUSE OF MEMBER FEED BACK, HOW MANY MEMBERS,  IT SEEM THE THREE GROUPS I BELONG TO THE MEMBERS ARE NOT HAPPY, SO I REALLY DO NOT GET IT. SHOULD HAVE HAD A VOTE ON IT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I think I put something along the lines of "the isolation is killing me" and that word triggers the helpline numbers. It does detract from the old feeling of communicating with friends, though, making it quite clear we are being monitored. Booo!

D