Whatever is that about????

• 32 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all,

I have just replied to a post and got a flash up that I might need to dial 999 or Samaritans for help as I used a word to cause alarm in my post!!! 

Whatever have they done to this site! I didn't think I sounded depressed or like I am desperate for help!!!! 

I am pretty together and moving forward. Weird and very off putting. Please can we have our old chat back!!!

Alison xxx

• What was the word Alison? If you wtite it with spaces I don't think it willget picked up. I am  c u r i o u s? 

Wink

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Alison

made me laugh have just done a mess to them, saying after four years i now find all the groups i am in, have lost the friendly feeling like it used to be, and so many missing, then i read this. Made my night, its the way the new layout is not the same, same people it is the site.

Elliexx

• I did that last night why has it just appeared

• It is very strange Ellie, the whole post disappeared!!! 

I have no idea what I wrote Bootsy!!! Maybe cry, they made me thing I was suicidal!! Not a laughing matter but we are supposed to be able to chat about how we feel.

Ellie I feel as you do. I have had so much support, crys and smiles from everyone here and it has lost the openness! 

Alison xxx

It has just done it again, must be cry!!! Lol 

• Think it is the word Suicidal yes thats the word i just got it, mind you this new lay out could be a lot that feel like that i do

• Hi there,

I hope you don’t mind me posting here, my name is Rachel and I work as part of the Community team here at Macmillan.

I’m so sorry to hear that you found our safeguarding pop-ups off-putting. These pop-ups are programmed automatically and are triggered by several key words and phrases that members might use if they were in distress. The key words and phrases were chosen with due care with the intention of protecting all our members. Some of the words are quite common place and we appreciate that in the context of a post some words or phrases may have a different meaning. This is an automated process and the system is unable to read a whole post and distinguish between the two. Members will always receive the pop-up if they use a certain word or phrase.

The pop-up is completely confidential and is only viewed by you. No one else on the site will see it and it doesn’t affect your ability to post on the site in any way. If you receive this pop-up message, and you feel you do not need the support it offers, please just ignore it. It is there for the protection and safety of all our members, as the wellbeing of our members is our number one priority. We also want our members to feel comfortable to be able to post about how they are feeling on the site, the pop-up is intended for extra support and is in no way meant to discourage members from posting about how they are feeling.                                                                                           

We have applied some upgrades to the Online Community recently. These were based on members’ feedback, making the site better for you is at the heart of everything we do.We know that sometimes these changes can cause issues, but long term they will help to provide a more stable and better functioning site for everyone. We are by no means finished with improving the site, and if you have any feedback please do know that you can contact our dedicated feedback team by filling in this online form.

We have also newly updated help section and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the site, if you’d like to read more about the upgrade. You can also post a question in our ‘Help’ group and a member of the team will be back in touch to offer some information and support.

I hope that the above makes sense but if you do have any questions, or need any support, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Community team at community@macmillan.org.uk.

Kindest regards,

Rachel
    Macmillan’s Community team

• OH GOD  I've just had to wade through this nonsense. There was nothing in my post to suggest suicide, self harming, or anything else this site wanted to read into it. Apparently  it was a single word?  So I even changed some wording in my post but I still got this stupid and unnecessary idiocy. I'm glad I eventually got my message to post because I was on the verge of ditching our site considering that what I had  posted was from the heart -  yet was being questioned ! ! 

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Personally I think the "new site" is horrendous.

I am continually being locked out and I'm pretty ok with technology most of the time. I only login occasionally now rather than every day because I can't be bothered to fight through it all!

I can't seem to be able to post my comments all of the time. Then when I do like others I can't find them. 

The whole thing seems to have lost it's personal touch and friendly face.

It's frustrating and disappointing because it has taken away from us all the free flowing conversations.

Macmillan please put yourselves in our shoes and remodel it back to the old style!

• Agreed Lizzy

This is a place for us to rant, laugh, be upset, grumpy, tired and happy.

We should be the owners of it and not 'Nannied' by a faceless bunch of bots and sub routines!

Most of us are over 50 I am! Yes I know I seem so much cooler and younger but honestly I am over 50 (57) 

So come on MM give us back our autonomy!!!  

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• I agree with you all,after three weeks of trying everything that the team have said do, it is still the same, i do not have the energy and do not need extra stress. i did inform them that this was my life line, as i belong to other groups because of my condition and of course this one, The friendly feeling that was a great support from all my groups has gone the people are still the same its  the new layout has taken a lot away and not for the better. I just fill so sad that by doing this it has caused so much heart ache for many, i really cannot see what any one has gained from the new layout, or am i missing some thing, I used to be on the site every day in one group or the other, now pop in 

Take Care Everyone  Ellie xx