Loosing partner

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 18 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi, I'm new to this,but I didn't know where else to go. I'm 32 and my partner died in April, due to covid. We have been together for 7 years, he was my everything,my best friend,my love. 3 days afteDisappointedI have heard the worst news in my life,I got the phone call saying my dad just suddenly died. My dad,my rock ,my whole world. My life just fell apart all over again. It has been nearly 3 months now,Disappointednt back to work after lockdown, but nothing is getting better, feeling worse and worse everyday . Don't know what to do next Disappointed

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi zuzanka

welcome to the group sorry for you losses their is loads of groups that can help you and get counselling from. I have had counselling from cruise bereavement  you can find the details on the internet they say time is a great healer 

or vent how you feel on here 

take care 

Martin 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

morning Zuzanka I'm so sorry for the loss of your partner and the passing of your father life is so god damm painful one day we have it all and the next well it feels like why me . I lost my beautiful fiancee over a year and everyday I miss the woman with all my heart . Wish you strength and courage at this awful time I'm sure people on here will support you and help anyway possible when you are hurting take care and god be with you .

• You have come to the right place my dear everyone here going through the same horrible situation .I lost Bill in May and it still dosent feel real somehow . We will all support you just writing things down does help and you can get lots of support here. I believe the helpline is very good and somebody mentioned Cruise again a really good source of support  .I think everyone finds their own way through no right or wrong way also no time limit on grief in one way or another its,always,with us as our loved ones are .It just helps to know you are not alone and there are others who understand .Take care and keep posting we are all here for you lots of hugs xx

Granny Sue

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Zuzanka, 

Words can't express my sympathies to you. Take it bit by bit and take care of your needs listen to your body and heart. Eat even if it's little, do what you can, rest when you need. This is an individual journey there's good kind and compassionate people here. Reach out get support where you can and let people help. 

Take care xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Martin 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Granny Sue

Thank you granny sue,I'm not sure if I should be here really,because I haven't lost anyone to cancer, but when I went through the groups online, I liked this one the most. I just though,when you loose someone, someone irreplaceable,closest to your heart,you are still loosing a partner,member of family. Xx

• FormerMember

Hello Sunnyboy,thank you,I'm so sorry for your lost.how do you cope now?  I don't really Disappointed 

• FormerMember

Does is get any better? I feel like I'm stuck in some kind of cruel game of life?

• FormerMember

Thank you Wife0f26years, I'm trying x

• Hello Zuzanka,

I am sorry that you find yourself here. Grief is an individual journey with common factors; so good to share feelings in a forum like this. You will find a lot of support.  It is early days for you and it is important that you are kind to yourself. It really is one step at a time and taking care of yourself and the basics. 

I just thought I would let you know that I am also a member of a Facebook group. I have only recently joined, as 19 months on for me, I felt that it may be nice to meet up with people who understand in due course. Lately there has been discussions on setting up a sub-group for people affect by Covid. I think it may help more, chatting with people who have lost partners to Covid, a similiar experience to yours. None the less glad you found us here rather than be alone.

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx