Widening my Bereavement support - Way-Up

• 57 replies
  • 29 subscribers

I value and remain part of this group. This group and you lot have got me through something that I never imagined would happen. 

In these Covid days, all the community and peer support stopped. The Hospice group I was due to go to and another one locally all stopped. In my friends, I have no one who has lost a partner so have felt very isolated in grieving, apart from you lot here.  Having no children and only two family members who are basically a drain on me as I have caring responsibilities, I have been sitting at home with the dogs with no one to talk out loud to. Having this forum has been a life line. 

And alongside this I am going to widen my bereavement support. I have found something called Way-Up - a group/organisation/network for people generally 50+ who are bereaved. I have joined. This might give me some more local connections for future support.  I dont know the reach of the organisation, but I am hopeful that as the world keeps turning, I will turn with it and being a widow will become part of my life experience and I grow with it, rather than it stopping everything. 

https://way-up.co.uk/

It was International Widows day on 23 June and I have been humbled by how relatively easy I have it. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi 

I was reading. Everybody’s post like I do  I e listen to and watching now 70 music on tv  listening to music seems to make me cry more certain songs seem to really hurt 

people Are right weekends are they the worst time  when I’m working in the week I’m busy when you come it’s shit 

have a good weekend all 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

When you come home  should have put sorry 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison, I seamed to have had the opposite and lost weight I know people will say well that’s fine what am I on about but I don’t feel very healthy at the moment and need to something about it. Grief seams to effect us in all different ways, I am to am very grumpy and fed up and don’t know what food to buy in the supermarket anymore, it really hard buying for one. But the sun is out tomorrow in Wales so hope grumpy disappears and a little smile might just come out! You never know. Take care lot’s of love 

Mandy xxx 

• lmao!!! martin e I think you can get tablets for that lol!!!

:)

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Mandy

We are never happy with our weight!! Lol.

The supermarket is a drag, luckily I buy for a family too but I probably would be dreadful otherwise and snack. I am a terrible comfort eater. I have done a shop yesterday which is all fresh fruit and veg etc. No choccy!!! 

The sun has been hiding a bit here but I have been in the garden planting abit. So a bit more cheery.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Ahhhh, Monday. Another tricky weekend and I am steeling myself for the work video meeting at 9 where people all start off talking about what they did with their families and partners at the weekend. 

I will be bland on the video meeting ....oh saw a couple of friends, sun was shining, bland blah blah blah......... and really it was shite. Did see 4 friends in a group one afternoon but it was like my partner and his death never happened.  I sat there almost unable to speak.   One friend seems to make friendships into a competitive combat sport and has been looking daggers at me as others have been offering hugs and sympathy. With friends like that who needs enemies.........So feeling very alone and my only two family (dementia and paranoid schizophrenia) continue to drain me...... having trouble sometimes seeing the point........