Overwhelmed again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 94 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Woke this morning  having been dreaming that my husband and i were travelling to London but we were in different cars, i parked but then i could not find him. I had no phone signal to ring him. I think this was the worst that i have felt since he died on 12th January. Just when i think i am doing ok things like this dream happen and i just hate this. Lots of well meaning people advise keeping busy but when you do stop it just feel like running into a brick wall. Thank you for listening.

Wishing peace and comfort for all in this group. xxxxx    

• Hi all 

I used to be a greedy bugger for cakes, biscuits, chocolate and sweets but since my Anne passed I've gone right off them. Even 8 months on I just eat when I'm hungry. Porridge in the morning. A sandwich lunch time ( If I'm hungry?)  And a ready meal in the evening. 

Love and Light 

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff 

you are eating something that is good how did your day fishing with your son go yesterday 

martin 

• Hi Andrea and all .

That day out refreshed me even though I didn't want to go. I met my son Matt at the river  bank. He had spent the night fishing  which I think I mentioned earlier. We caught nothing during my stay but we chatted over a few beers. Flowing water has always  charged me up ( Chi Energy for those who know.)  I came home to the lonely house full of happiness for the first time since my beloved Anne passed 8 months ago. I talked to her photo as I often do and received good vibes. BUT I know that the grieving will go on in other forms for a good while yet. 

Love and Light 

Geoff x 

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hi Martin 

I wish we could 'Cut and paste ' on this site Grrr!

I sent a reply to Andrea that applied to you as well Martin. I joined Matt at the river bank. He had spent the night there. We didn't catch anything whilst I was  fishing but had a few beers and chatted. The river always charges up my energy and I came home with a smile on my face. The first time since ny Anne passed 8 months ago. I've told Matt that when I pass over to tip my ashes into the River Colne where we have caught so many double figure barbel over the years. 

Love abd Light 

Geoff x

• FormerMember

Hi Geoff 

if your son puts your ashes in the river you will always be free   And going fishing with your son made you happy  that’s good 

I went fishing yesterday by myself. On a lake caught a bream and two carp gets me out  and painted kitchen today trying to keep busy 

Martin 

• Hi Martin 

Well done mate. Things like this keep us going. A brief respite from our sad loss. The loss of our soul mate. But at least our loved one doesn't have to fear the Corona Virus. I'm thankfull for that my friend. 

Love and Light 

Geoff x

• FormerMember

Hi Geoff 

thank you I do chill out when I’m fishing.my wife use to fish as well always caught the bigger fish lol 

the virus nobody wants. Have you been told to st

ay in my brother told my mum not to go out I watch a bit of the news people are panicking may be Europe is right shutting down for a couple of weeks  I don’t know I could handle be stuck in for a couple of weeks I struggle with the loneliness 

takecare 

Martin 

• Hi again Martin 

I'm a pretty fit 75 year old so the Health Secretary can go do one. I'll go shopping like anyone has too.  Who the hell can isolate thenseves for 4 months?  Is the UK  Health Secretary living in the real world? I'm going out as usual mate. OK if I get the symptoms of  Corona Virus I'll stay in doors. And I won't bother the NHS. I've got two bottles of vodka that will deal with the potential pain of pneumonia during the final phrase before passing over and meeting my Anne again in the Spirit World. As you can see I've got it all covered. LOL 

Light and Love 

Geoff x

• FormerMember

Hi Geoff 

I had terrible nites  sleep got up and read this and you made me laugh we have to be positive together and not give up and carry on as normal the best we all can  Have a good day take care all

martin x 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Martin,

Snap, like you terrible night last night. Not cried as much this weekend hence this is why the grief came and slapped me smack in the face again. I spent most of the night looking at photos and videos of my Bob and just sobbing. I thought I had taken a step forward by doing a few positive jobs at the weekend and now I feel like I’m back to square one feeling utterly dreadful and depressed. I really can’t seem to pull myself together even though I class myself as “normally “ a strong independent woman. Well she has gone and I can’t find “Me” again.

will things ever get any easier?

Sheila