Poems...

• 100 replies
  • 38 subscribers

DELETED

• Hello,

Just been listening to poetry pharmacy on Radio 4. Certainly be on my listening list from now on

A link as follows;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000df98

I thought the first poem on show was apt so sharing here...

If anyone decides to call in please let us know, be interesting to see what is "prescribed"....

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah2nd

I'm a little bit lost and a little bit pissed. So I hope this is the po thread. Here's a poem. I listened to r 4 poetry gstmavu

As someone suggested. It inspired me to write this. 

You commented, 

You'd never see me drive a car so bad, 

As I crunched the gears, 

I jrrkrd the wheel. 

You new that I was sad. 

We where going to see the doctor. 

He was gonna tell us of our fate. 

I  felt like I was driving to, 

the gates of HELL 

I new it was all to late. 

• I love all your poems. I can relate to all of them.

I'm adding one I wrote this morning. We loved road trips and loved travelling.

Miles and miles of changing landscapes

From olive trees annd cork-oak trees ,

the Mediterranean sea we left behind

For the delta’s ricefields in emerald green,

The Zaragozan desert, its red, parched mounds

Desolate, beautiful, a long, straight road,

To Andulusian orange groves

We laugh ; our destination is not too far.

We cross the border and drive some more

Beyond oceans of abundance, in search of

Adventure, novelty, exotic finds.

We’re here at last and then you pause

Something has gone awry.

I hold your hand while alone you cross

The frontier barred from me while I’m alive.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to limbo

My heart is on fire, 

Burning so cold. 

I still now of youth. 

Yet I feel so old, 

That silent singing

Inside my head, 

Brings forth no melody. 

My only disire

Is to be with her, 

I reach out constantly

With no return, 

Me heart is on fire

And I wish it would burn

Put an end to my misery. 

• I've just read through all the poems and find they all express a little part of me.

I'm sending you a link to a French artist's site (I used to live in the South of France) and bought a smaller version of this painting from her:

https://guylaine-legentil.odexpo.com/pro_page.asp?page=9594&sm=&galerie=12562&ng=L'arche&lg=#10

It represents what we're all going through. We're being tossed and buffeted by life's ordeals but we're still standing upright, somehow.

• Some days I feel like this. 

I was walking round one of the Gardens we used to visit and missing Jerry terribly and came accosts a tree stump with this Dr Zeuss quote. 

you have a brain in your head

you have feet in your shoes 

you can steer yourself any

direction you choose 

you’re on your own

and you know what you know

and you are the one who’ll decide

where to go

we loved the Dr Zeuss books reading them to the boys and it just seemed if he was there with me 

xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to puddle fish

Joy puddle fish.

My poem was inspired by the nonsense of Doctor Zeus.

• I wish I had an author’s gift, that I could take a pen and pinpoint just the place that aches and single out what it is I miss the most. I mourn, of course, each day spent without Gilles and all the memories we will no longer create. I grieve his dreams that died with him and the dreams that we both shared. He is what I miss the most.

It is raining today and I lay curled up, pressing, like a pillow, my grief against my heart. I breathe it in; it warms me. I decided today that I shall not try to overcome or recover from my grief. It is not a disease ; it comes with the love I had and have for Gilles.

If, you, my friends, will bear with me and listen when I speak of Gilles or just watch in silence the tears fall from my eyes, I may, one day, find that space where I can carry this pain. It overpowers me now but I dare hope that in time to come, my life with Gilles will not crush me but accompany me.

• Your post made me cry too. It really touched me. I am so sorry to hear how ill you've been and hope you're getting help at this time. You've been through so much. I don't know how you've survived. There's been so much sadness and heartache. But I understand what you mean, of all the deaths, it's your husband's that stands out. The death of your grandson must have been quite traumatic, too. Does any of this mean anything? People say everything is a learning experience but, personally, I'm beginning to think it's all a load of crap. Life deals us these awful blows and all we can do is get back up and march on. It's hard.

Take good care of yourself and let us know how you're doing, okay?