• 38 subscribers

DELETED

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Darkhorse123

Wow.

Wonderful poem......so true

• This is so beautiful. Thank you x 

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm
  • My latest poem. I think of it as a  note to myself.  Its hard not to let the storm in considering what we all have been through. I am tired all the time but ready to make changes and focus on positive habits.

To be kinder to myself and to become more balanced. I hope this makes sense x

THE STORM OUTSIDE

Be the eye of the storm

Calm and peaceful inside,

whilst the fierce winds blow outside

Be the roots of a tree

Flexible and grounded underneath,

whilst the fierce winds blow above

Be the hurricane hole, a haven

To reflect and remain balanced,

whilst the fierce winds cannot blow inside

Be the anchor of a ship, in the haven

To stay right here, right now,

whilst the fierce winds blow off course

Just don't become the storm itself,

and let the chaos and destruction takeover

Knowing that the storm cannot last forever

Whilst the fierce winds blow out of control,

balance on the fearsome waves to get through

Embracing it, and see where it takes you anew.

• Oh Dutsie, just wow

you have summoned it up perfectly - the devastation, the hanging on for dear life, the courage it takes to dare to look to the future. 

I am in awe of your ability to find the words right now

just beautifully put 

big hugs to you & Thankyou for sharing this with us all 

Sarah xx 

• Thank you Sarah,

It helps me to write...

(in my head I am now thinking a quote from one my husband's favourite movie "Be sure to write"Blush )

A big hug back to you. Hope you are keeping well. 

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• I absolutely love this Dutsie. It is perfect for how I’m feeling at the moment. Thank you xx

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm
  • I just want to say that when I started this, I thought it was just going to be one lonely poem from an old and worn out has-been-griefstricken-moaner that is the shell of me. I am amazed at the effect this has had....so much talent from you all, so much emotion and sincerity. Just actually 'so much' of everything and much more than I could have anticipated.

You are all so brave as well for contributing and whether your work is different to mine, or your beliefs different to mine, your interpretation of my work different to mine...its all okay because WE are all different and our GRIEF is all different as is our expression of it.

• Hi Alison,

I am glad you liked the poem. In fact your quote under your signature has the same vibe as my poem. Take care.

Val - your post has given me positive outlet. I am not a writer and don't really know the rules of poetry. I just write from my heart.

Acknowledging Grief was my first poem that I wrote and the turning point for me.

So, I would like to thank you very much for starting this post as I started sharing thereafter...

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• I completely agree and hope everyone keeps writing and posting their poems. Finding someone else expressing exactly what I feel makes me feel understood, and crucially, helps me to further understand myself. 

Alison