My husband died last week

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Good morning everyone, I lost my husband a week ago. From diagnosis to passing was just three weeks. I'm totally in shock and denial. Everyone thinks I'm being very strong. I'm frightened to break down because I don't think I will ever stop. I'm glad I've found this group.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MarthaGM

Thank you Martha....it's like something is stopping me from losing it...I'm guessing it is just the shock. How do you cope day to day? I can not believe this is my life now and that I will never see or speak to him again. Xx

• I think the initial shock is like a large soft wrapping that allows you function immediately following the death. I don't think I properly felt real grief until weeks later. I was on a double dose of anti-depressants, and that didn't help me fully process my grief. (I've still not fully processed it, but you know what I mean.)  I feel as if I've lost all motivation, all initiative. I used to be self-employed as a silversmith and designer, but my mojo left with my beloved. I am sure it will return, but, for now, I must simply get through each day, doing all I can not to fall apart day after day.

You have your precious children there, and he is part of them and no one can take that from you. And remember, in those darkest hours, that we are made of energy and energy can't die. His body may be gone, but his spirit lives on and I am convinced that our loved ones are never far from us. Speak to your husband, kiss his photography, hug his pillow. Remember that love cannot die. The love you shared will live on forever...

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• FormerMember

Thank you so much for that Martha I will speak to him ....he told me he would love me forever, the day he died so I need to keep hold of that....you have been such a help to me I can't thank you enough x

• That's what we are all here for, to help each other along this most unhappy journey. I'm glad I can give you some comfort. xxx

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• FormerMember

Just wanted to say that your second paragraph I totally relate to, I could have said those words as that's exactly how I feel.

Gary

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Gary it is the most dreadful disease and strikes, at seemingly  the most fit people

Linda