Overwhelming sense of loss .

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 96 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hello all. My name is Mark and I lost my wife suddenly to cancer at just 57 years old. I'm 54. It's only been 5 months and the worst emotion of them all is the sense of being utterly lost, without your other half. Just joined this website and I'm hoping to gain some comfort from reading everyone's posts. I feel for you all. 

• Hi, As we're talking about music, I just listened to Wind Under My Wings by Bette Midler and sobbed. That was exactly what Gilles was for me and I'm not idealizing our relationship. He was older than me and always pushed me to be the best that I can be - in everything. He even encouraged me to take art classes just because he thought I had potential. Mind you, if you see my paintings, you may not agree!  He was thwarted in certain areas of his life and didn't want that to happen to me. He was that way with everyone and I know he did the same for his former partner. All the more reason why I should shake myself and get out of this rut. I know he can't be very proud of me right now. We had the best, didn't we?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to limbo

They say music  is good for you, lets out your emotions, whether happy, sad, or joyful.

I was having a really good morning, have cleaned things that have not been done for a while.

Was singing along to loads of different songs and really did feel that i may have turned a slight corner.

Wham bang  asked alexa to play Lady Gaga I'll never love again and Josh Groban  Where you are

I sat and cried for two hours but have to say i fill so much better  think it needed to happen.

Take Care Elliexx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

I have the same problem listen to music hear something that makes cry was listening to a old cd reo speedwagon song came on made me cry but you are right it helps to cry and let it all out 

martinx 

• FormerMember

To everyone 

I thought about having takeaway for dinner when I get home maybe a Chinese then thought we use to  order it together  now I’m going to order just for myself   The little things you do as a couple just writing a shopping  list  ordering a takeaway. Miss the little things and my Diane so much  and always 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Your so right Martin.

Its like all my hubby's new clothes new been worn still had labels o the, they where easy to get rid off.

His old garden shoes, and where he laid his old hat, mean so much more.

Its the simple things.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Hi that is so true ..I am trying to clear out shed as it's leek in ..picked up hubbys old batter wellies and sat and cried then looking at his sun longer away agin ...but new stuff that he had does not mean the same