Anyone believe in spirits ?

• 11 replies
  • 19 subscribers

I would welcome anyone with experiences to post and chat with me.   Is my experience real or part of my traumatic loss. ?

All comments welcome, good or bad. Please be honest i will not be offended and very approachable and open, friendly , i have been told i am a lovely person inside and always sincere.

Thank you all. 

Bless you.

• Yes I believe.

I lost my lovely partner 2yrs ago this may.

I watch a lot of paranormal TV and find it very interesting.

I really miss my late partner ,we were together for 22yrs and done almost everything together. 

I still grieve so much for her and looking after her for 3yrs as she battled stage 4 cervical cancer and what physical changes came with it was so upsetting and really got to me mentally as I witnessed her passing in our bed at home.

I don't sleep very well and have prolonged days without .

I try to spend these times writing poems of my feelings and it helps me .

But I do talk alot to myself and talk as if she may be listening.

Strangest things are when I put something down and seconds later lose it .if it is on the coffee table I look all over up and down but to me it's not there.

But it's when I come back to it and like magic it's there on the table right infront of my eyes.

I believe to myself she hides things from me as if a game.

Lately I can be sitting on sofa or washing dishes ,cooking tea and I get either a urge to look as if I see some thing pass in the corner of my eye.its happened a good few times and it gives me a sence of reassurance that she is watching over me .That gives me a warm feel and a good vibe.

So yes I believe in spirits.

• Hello Dora ,  sorry i am little late replying to your post and thank you for you interesting reading post. I do know spirits do and will , like to " play games" with us. Hiding various items, feeling of someone brushing/playing with your hair, various smells, odours, and if you have a sense of your loved one is in same room or very near,  even that quick glimpse of seeing someone there in corner of your eye , you will normally get goose-bumps and your hairs will stand up on end. (people with hairy arms, no offence ladies and not meant to sound sexist in any way.  These are the normal signs as i say. 

I am pleased it gives you a a warm feeling and gives a little comfort i am happy for you.

It is all so real and occurs 100% , when your loved one/s are ready the will give you a sign to let you know , hi i am here. 

I hope my post sounds ok and gives you and everyone needing something to give a little comfort and healing.

• Thankyou and so true .

That does give me comfort.

She was such a strong young lady and if she wanted to give a sign she would have the strength to do that ,in her time.

• Hi Dora , I like chatting to people  (have you noticed haha) i have been told if there is enough energy created by yourself , or more people, members of your family in same room in same house, your partner will almost and very likely give you sign she is near with you.  You do not need to do  anything special or have / use any special tools, Just be in a room, act normal as you would everyday, cook, make cup tea, watch tv , you know do not try too hard, try not to make it happen , just "potter around" as if it is another day, then suddenly when your partner is ready you will know she is there.  I have personally had 3 visits from my much loved sister who i lost 2 weeks ago. See me post, do you believe in spirits.   My sister is still around in her home while i am busy clearing her personal items, furniture, sorting her bills, taking care of things you know.  I was downstairs in kitchen and heard upstairs bedroom door squeak. No windows open, not windy outside, was clear sunny day.  I called her name and said i was downstairs busy tidying up for her. Then felt her in living room sitting on sofa when she always sat watching tv.  Talk to your partner as if she is really there, whether you think or feel she is not, just have a normal full chat , say what your doing, ask her questions, and when you leave, i normally say, bye, will be back tomorrow, see you later. 

I am going thru grief my self, struggling, lots of tears , but talk to your partner, she may answer back someway.  Its a wonderful feeling inside the very first time it happens. 

• I find that so interesting and I believe 100%

I will try a new perspective and follow your tips and I will let you know how it's going .

Thankyou .

Take care and I will tell you what my partners reaction is to my chat.

Xx

• So sorry to hear about your losses, so sad to read. I posted about losing my dad in another thread. I saw the title of this thread and thought I'll add a reply. 

My dad died last Tuesday, I would like to believe he can still hear me. I was at my parents house yesterday, crying like a baby and my brother was consoling me. When I was about to leave, the front door was open, I was putting on my coat, the hallway lights flickered, my brother and I thought it looked like lightning or some light coming from outside. We checked outside but there was nothing. We don't know why there was a sudden flash of light. I did get a bit freaked out. It was only when I got home that I thought maybe dad is sending us a message, he's cheeky like that, trying to get our attention. 

To be honest, I don't really have any strong beliefs. I don't really know what to think, I would like to believe there is more than life and death cos it's too upsetting for me to think this is it, my dad is gone forever.

As my brother wisely said, we don't want our loved ones to see us unhappy, they will always live on in our hearts. Take care, look after yourselves! 

• Sorry for you loss its the beginning of your journey with grief. 

I also like to believe there is a place for all those who pass.

I think it's not a bad thing to remember your dad's character and put some link into what happened being your dad as that's what he did.

And believing that will go a long way in understanding and helping your grieving process. 

My memory is really bad but that's my age I like to think, but I do have moments when I know the last time I touched or moved a object it should be there. 

When it's not after searching every inch of area in question I believe my partner is having  a little game of hide and seek and having a giggle in the process.

I can't believe my eyes that I've searched all possible places yet its there as if it never moved. 

But to blame my partner  makes me smile.

i  get a lift and that's my moment with her .

It's a good tonic but it can't physically bring her back,but I can go some way in improving my life I have left on this earth by sharing a moment with my partner,

That's making a personal.memory that you will cherish and no one else needs to know.

May this go on till my time is up and we meet again and laugh at these moments. 

Please stay strong ,talk if you need to it helps me .

• Hey, I hope you're ok. 

I believe in Spirits! I used to be a cynic until my mum passed away in January. A few things have happened that have completely changed my perspective. The first was at my nan's (mum's mum) house, my dog was with us and was acting erratic. He kept going up and down the stairs - he never does that. He always can't wait to leave. But this time he was upstairs and laying on the bed in the pitch black. I took a photo and there was a light orb in the photo, there was no light source in the room at all and no reason for it to be there. I believe it was the presence of my mum. The other was when I asked mum for a sign, I spoke out loud and asked for her to let me hear Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA somewhere I made it extra specific so I knew it was her. A week later, we were driving around and I heard it on the radio. I knew it was her. 

These are just a couple of my experiences after my mum has left earth. I believe her spirit is out there somewhere keeping us going and protecting us from the world. 

I wish you the best 

• My late husband passed almost 10 months ago. Quite recently he has been `visiting` me in my dreams. Some of the dreams are quite vivid as if they are actually happening but then I wake up and he's not there. I've been contacting a medium (I know) but she is so accurate in what she tells me. She told me a few months ago that my husband would `visit` me and possibly this is it happening through my dreams. I just wonder if this is him trying to contact me or check up on me some of the `situations` happening in the dreams are just so ridiculous though it's things that would never have happened to us in real life. I believe that sometimes these things do happen for a reason,

Vicky

• Sorry for your loss I lost my Dad 2 years ago & I believe & even before lost my Dad he know I used to see psychics . I asked him to send me a Robin to let me know his ok & he has quite a few times. Just after he died I said Dad please send a Robin few days later I was in my sitting room & I heard this bird wasn’t sure what it was I looked out the window was a Robin on the fence right near the window never seen Robin in garden before & never have since but when I’ve been to his grave asked him to send a Robin few minutes later I see one & my mum seen it too. & also I have seen psychic so my mum & his come through said things no one else would know it brings us comfort x