Miss my dad

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

On the 22nd April I lost my amazing dad to prostate cancer. He passed peacefully in his sleep with my mum by his side. I saw him before he was taken to the chapel of rest. 
I now can’t close my eyes without seeing him… I feel guilty I couldn’t do more. 
he was everything to me and his grandkids… doing everything together each weekend and now I feel that’s it! I miss them days 

• Hi,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in February, 3 months ago. My family were with him in the hospital when he passed away and I visited him 3 times in the chapel of rest.

He was everything to all of us, my children miss him immensely and we have all been left with a huge hole in our lives. We would get together every weekend and sit around the table and chat, laugh, the men would watch the golf or football etc it was perfect.

I miss him SO much every single minute of the day, I miss his voice, his sense of humour, his silly Dad/Grandad jokes, the list is endless. How can lives change so much in a short space of time?

I know how you are feeling. I think to myself how does this get better, he isn’t here so how can it possibly get better, our lives will never be the same again. Somehow we manage to get through another day.

I hope you can find some comfort from this group, we all know how it feels to lose someone we love so much.

x