Bereavement

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

I lost my lovely Wife Julia of 59 years just four weeks ago and I just can’t believe she has gone. For 2 1/2 years she fought Ovarian Cancer with chemo of various kinds as well as radio therapy. Every where I look she is there but not there....I keep talking to her but no answer. I am trying to keep busy to carry out her wishes about our garden and am very lucky that our daughter lives here and works from her studio in the garden, she is keeping me sane but at the moment I can’t see further than the next hour or two .....

• Hello Shiraz of Langley

I know that you would prefer not to be here, but you are Welcome and I am thankful that you have reached out as this is a supportive environment where many have similar experiences of loss.

I am so very sorry to read that your lovely Wife Julia has passed, it sounds as if she was a very strong lady, fighting ovarian cancer for 2.5 years. 

It is understandable that you would talk to her, as you have always done, and that you are able to carry out her wishes about the garden. 

Your daughter seems to be a true blessing to you, and I am pleased in her own way she is able to help you through this extremely painful time. 

One step at a time, one hour at a time, you have a journey of grief that will lead you on many ups and downs, and I hope you will feel that you can reach out here again, should you need support, or to rant. 

My deepest condolences to you and your daughter..... 

Sending you strength for the difficult journey ahead Pray

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!