Many pets!

• 44 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I've found my people! I've just joined and found this forum. I'm a huge animal lover so hope I will be right at home here

What pets do you all have? I've got a dog but I've had some interesting others too over the years

• My husband is convinced Gracie had sensed his cancer months before he was even diagnosed because she would sit next to him with her paws on his chest just looking up into his eyes. Even now when he’s been for treatment she seems to sense he’s “different” and last weekend she was especially attentive …. lo and behold he ended up at the Clinical  Diagnostic Unit on Wednesday as he was so breathless for tests/scans and he is now being treated for a chest infection and has been told some of the lymph nodules  have increased in size again. 
    There is a group of Bernese owners locally who exhibit at shows etc with their dogs pulling the traditional decorated carts!!!! They are gorgeous to watch. 
    Grasan

• Hugo my Begal is always close to us if we have underlying issues. He picked up on my cancer before me, my husbands Parkinson’s my daughters lose of her baby now my husbands liver diagnosis.
    We have called him the death cat.JoyJoyJoy

If he starts cuddling get to the doctors quick 

Ann
     ‍Art

• We don’t give them nearly enough credit for their heightened senses, our first Bern was so protective when my husband had chemo, she wouldn’t touch him but she would come inside and check on him regularly and then potter outside again. We don’t teach them these things, it’s just instinctive - I wish more people were like that! 

The carting groups work hard at events I’m glad you’ve seen them in all their glory.

I hope your husband is getting good care x

• New to this group, here is my Parson Stan, I've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer and this little chap is keeping me going, such a character, today we've spent time in the garden, ended up with more holes than I had plants, typical terrierGrin

• He’s so cute and a lovely distraction. Have fun with him 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Oh my goodness he’s gorgeous!!!! Yes typical terrier behaviour, nothing more fun than digging a hole especially if it’s where it’s not meant to be!!!! Gracie has this strange habit of pulling up lumps of grass with roots attached and soil  from the edges of paths (usually on our favourite walk) and then racing round with the result in her mouth!!! She’s not content with getting a small piece …. no she will pull and pull at the grass until she’s got a big lump and then shakes it about as she’s running… which results in me getting a head full of soil if I’m too close!!!!  
    Animals are such a help emotionally and physically in times of need. 
    Love to all

Grasan

• What a handsome boy, he’s got a twinkle in his eye that spells mischief!  Dogs are such good ‘helpers’ in the garden, digging and supervising, fortunately Lottie doesn’t eat too many flowers! x

• I have 2 dogs Yorkshire terrier's one is 16 and the other 14,they are my fur babies  I have had them since they were babies arrrr

• We had yorkie's when we were growing up, cracking dogs, always been a terrier family x