Many pets!

• 44 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I've found my people! I've just joined and found this forum. I'm a huge animal lover so hope I will be right at home here

What pets do you all have? I've got a dog but I've had some interesting others too over the years

• arr flora i so adore mine they do make me laugh 

• We lost our beautiful Lottie (pic on page 2) at the end of October, we were heartbroken.  We’ve only ever had big dogs and the house still feels so empty, over Christmas I kept thinking about her - she loved wrapping paper scrunched up into a ball so we ended up with a glorious sea of torn paper!  Her spirit lives on through the wonderful memories we have x

• Hi everyone, belated Happy Christmas. We have a rather large German Shepherd called Enzo . He has really helped me cope with my diagnosis and subsequent treatments. Animals seem to have a sixth sense when their loved ones are unwell . I have attached pictures showing him when we first got him and this Xmas at 3 years old. 

I just love him so much 

• He’s looking very festive.Happy new year.Love Jane xx

• Hi Jayceeh
    I am so sad to read that you lost your beautiful Lottie!!! Only animal lovers know the true pain we feel when a beloved pet passes away. 
    I am sorry to only be reading this now but I haven’t been on the community much since September last year as it was then that my wonderful husband passed away quite suddenly 2 months after being told his cancer had spread and there was no benefit to further treatment (only palliative care). Gracie is so lost without him but she is giving me lots of comfort. 
    I hope you will feel able to one day have another beautiful dog. 
    Grasan

• Hi Grasan

I’m so very sorry your husband passed away, 2 months after the devastating news wasn’t long at all and you must have been reeling.  How are you coping?  That’s probably a stupid question, forgive me, but your well-being is important.  I’m sure Gracie has been a huge comfort - dogs are so sensitive and I’m sure she grieved with you.

It’s so kind of you to message about Lottie, tomorrow would have been her 10th birthday so I have bought a beautiful hellebore to plant in her memory.  We’re not sure at the moment about another dog, we’ve only had Bernese and, as we are getting older, they are a lot of dog! 

Take care x

• I have a dog and cat. Merlin my dog gives hugs with his head, nudges and uses chin pointing when he wants something. Angel my cat is a knee cat, is quite bossy and gets annoyed if I change the routine. She is like a clock, very predictable. Every morning I have to lie on the bed so she can come on my knee.  They are great at non verbal communication. They just sit and stare at me sometime. It's almost like telepathy. 

• Me too I rescued dogs and cats in Spain for four years, back in uk now got 8 dogs four cats here we live in an American trailer, but been asked to leave so looking for a new place for us all. Then tHeartsis has happened and waiting on results of a biopsy for mouth cancer x animals will be with us as long as they live x Hearts️

• Hi Tiadora. Hope you find a new place for your extended family and your journey follows the same path as mine.    The guys in the head and neck forum are great and will  be able to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.  

• Thanks mick yes I’m hoping my pets will give me love and be part of my life if I have to go through treatment x