Yilmaz

• Waiting

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for the kind words and wishes everyone.

I sat up with her last night and after a few hours sleep, my Dad woke me.  A family friend, who used to be a cancer nurse, had stayed up to sit with her.  I was told by her that my mum on her way.  So I went and sat with her.  Today has been an incredibly stressful and upsetting day.  My mum is still with us.  We had to call out the nurses a few times to give her pain meds and…

• The End

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum's condition has deteriorated rapidly over the past few days.  Yesterday, the doctors at the hospice told us that the end was near for my mum and that she had a few days to live.  I don't know how it happened and it's almost as if something happened overnight Sunday to push her into the final stage.

Today she arrived home.  We have a special hospital bed in the dining room and we are sitting with her. 

• Today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today my mum went into the hospice for a short stay (week to 10 days the doctors said).  She hasn't eaten or drank much for a week and is therefore very weak.  She can't stand on her feet at the moment, such is her weakness.  She is staying there so she can get treatment and so that hopefully we can get her stronger and home again.

The hospice is a lovely place and she has her own private room.  But it was heartbreaking…

• Hello

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello,

My name is Yilmaz and I am a carer for my mum.  She has a history of a cancer: breast, bone, liver, but bravely fought through it.  This year, she started getting headaches.  A scan revealed that she had several brain mets.  After a course of radiotherapy, the medics decided that there was no more they could do for her. 

My mum's mobility is virtually non-existent.  She cannot walk or make many movements with…