Working?

• Sofas

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning!

Well, yesterday all I did was drive to drop off my middle free-range-teen at the train station, and then pick her up again later. My youngest was picked up for ballet and taken to the milkshake bar thingy then back to her friend's, and my eldest was at her b/f's, so I practised what I have been preaching, and SAT ON THE SOFA ALL DAY *looks proud*

I watched Discovery channel - Animal Cops rescue and…

• Head tilting

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, went to see my GP, the nice man that was a bit too blase about my lumps in my neck... he had asked me to go in, and was very head tilty and ''it's always difficult to know how concerned to be about lumps" type chat. I have him The Look and said 'yes and I'm glad I came to see you when I did and asked for the referral and once I'd been to hospital things moved very quickly...' and decided I'd leave it at that as he…

• I'll have another appointment please. Or a 'complement'

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So today I had another appointment. Well, why not, not like I have anything better to do :))       It was a meeting with the cancer psychologist. The nurses book you in as routine and then they see you regularly if you're not coping well etc... we had a good natter and she said that often she is contacted by patients after the treatments finish as when there's nothing else happening some people feel lost... we agreed that I…

• PETs, but not small furry ones

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today I mostly ate cupcakes. For charity of course :))

Went and had Boob Tube flushed. Kay the nurse managed to get some blood out of it today but only by me standing up, taking deep breaths, then coughing then swinging my arm around. Which was needed after those cupcakes I expect. Saw Gwen the non-stop talking lady there (did I not mention her last week??) who told me all about her sandwiches from Waitrose. :)

Got…

• It's all for charity yeh

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today the 1 year anniversary of the centre I manage was celebrated by raising funds for Breast Cancer and Jeans for Genes and I planned it before the chemo started or had  a diagnosis so all I could do was ''direct'' really, and everyone did me proud and there were fabulous home made cakes and teas n coffees - and despite the drizzle , in 3 hours we raised £170!! :))

Despite trying not…