Mums the word

• Sadness

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today I woke up with a sadness in my heart that I'm struggling to shift.  I don't even know why, there's nothing in particular that I can say has caused it today. People use the phrase the weight of the world on your shoulders and that's exactly what I'm feeling. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face and I'm not even sure why.

I can't even begin to imagine the emotions mum feels…

• Guilt

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So today I went back to work after a week off.  I have never felt so guilty in my life! It's a rock and a hard place situation, I need to work to pay the bills but mum also needs my support at home.  I'm at the stage just now where I'm petrified to leave her side in case something happens, what I don't know its just an anxious feeling.  I also want to spend as much time as possible with her as I know that at some poi…

• Patience is a virtue

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So today has been another good day.  Mum wanted to go Christmas shopping, it was a lovely idea and a great way to spend some quality time together.  We set off with a plan, to just visit one shop.  If you read my last blog you'll be aware that mums health has deteriorated in the last few weeks.  Her walking and mobility has declined but she is such a determined and positive person.  I am incredibly proud of her.

• Dealing with a Diagnosis

FormerMember
    FormerMember

How do you deal with the fact that your mum has been given a terminal cancer diagnosis? That's what I have been trying to figure out over the lasts 3 months.  

I have always been a glass half full kind of person.  Life was really good, we were all happy, healthy and living life to the full when boom your world comes crashing down around you.  In one single second the doctor changes your life forever by saying…