Stop this ride....I want to get off !!!

• Job done!

Wednesday 5th April 2017

I'm sitting on my hospital bed waiting to be discharged. The operation went very well and the best bit was that the sentinel node that they biopsied while I was under was clear of any cancer cells, so no need to remove any more and do the auxiliary clearance, what a huge relief. I am still on cloud nine about that! I had totally convinced myself that the cancer had gone to the lymph nodes because…

• It's a long day.

3rd April 2017

Here I am sitting in my hospital room, operation tomorrow. I've been admitted, I've had the dye injected and the wire inserted bloods taken, and I've been questioned and questioned and then some more questions. But everyone has been fantastic, so friendly and kind, I have my own room, it is beautiful, not like a hospital at all. Dark oak furniture, lovely big lamps on the bedside tables, wood effect…

• Second time lucky?

Satyrday 1st April 2017

It's been a little while, only because nothing exciting has happened since last time. The side effects of the last chemo session have worn off except for the watery twitchy eyes, a few more lashes have disappeared, but on the plus side they are also growing back and the hair on my head is definitely getting a little thicker and ever so slightly longer.

I've had lovely days out with…

• Last time side effects....I hope.

Friday 17th March 2017

I'm sitting here on this rainy Friday afternoon feeling rubbish. But knowing that the last chemo has been done is helping the rubbish feeling. I'm actually glad it's pouring down and going to rain all weekend because i don't intend to do anything! 

I worked hard all day yesterday, like an idiot, and this morning, but then the side effects hit at lunch time, so that's it, time…

• I got to the end of the Chemo!

Wednesday 15th March 2017.

Yesterday I had my last chemo session of the 3xFEC and 3xT. I still can't believe there are no more chemo sessions. I was very worried that it would be delayed because of my bloods not being good enough, but in fact they were very very good this time, every thing was good, kidneys, liver, blood oxygen etc, blood pressure. I was very pleased to get it done. Still three weeks to carry on with…