My journey

• Finally, an update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Apologies for not writing sooner but as you may be aware there have been issues with writing and accessing blogs. Hopefully this has now been corrected. This is what I wanted to write on July 12th.

I finally met the colorectal team.

They confirmed that I have 2 lesions on my liver. The proposed treatment will be 3 months chemotherapy and then rescan. I had a number of questions.

1. How big are they?
    2. Where are they in…
  • What's new?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A number of people have reminded me that I haven’t updated my blog for a while. So here it is. I was waiting until there was something concrete to report but I just need to get this off my chest.

As previously written I have been having increasing problems with my left leg. I now can’t walk without the use of a walking stick. Everything seems to take 10 times as long. Simple things like emptying this dishwasher…

• Still in pain

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not having a good day. I’m still getting lots of pain in my left buttock and leg. So much so that I now have a pronounced limp. The painkillers I’m on (Amitriptyline and Gabapentin) have cured to a great extent the pelvic pain I was getting (I still get the odd reminder however) but haven't touched my left leg. I went to the pain clinic yesterday. The doctor pushed and prodded me for a good while, lifting my legs and…

• A few lines.......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not much happening health wise but I’d thought I’d just write a few lines about what I’ve been up to.

Firstly I celebrated Beryl’s first birthday in February with a curry and a pub crawl with some ex-colleagues from the RNLI in Poole. A great weekend but totally exhausted.

And Beryl’s had another holiday. This time we went to Fuerteventura for a week. Absolute bliss. Left Stansted in the snow and…

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I know I’m a few days late but Happy New Year. I can’t say I’m sad to see the back of 2017. It was probably one of the most traumatic years of my life.

And I suppose now is as good a time as any to reflect on the year as a whole. It didn’t start too well when I was admitted to hospital on New Year’s Day with an infected PICC line. The first of a number of stays in hospital. Next came my bowel surgery…