Jena's Cancer Journey...

• Stockholm Syndrome...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Stockholm Syndrome…

For the last three and a half years, I have often felt like I’ve watched someone else live my life. Like I’ve been a passenger in the car and just went along for the ride. People say ‘Where do you see yourself in five years?’ I lived from appointment to appointment so how am I supposed to imagine myself in five weeks never mind five years?

Now its like I’ve woken up,…

• Two years - Two scars...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I realised I hadn't posted in a while - It was my release while I was having a really tough time emotionally and totally helped me get lots of my feeling out and down on paper and I guess recently I haven't felt the need to post cause everything is good but actually why wouldn't I want to share that so here are some of my thoughts and what’s been going on in my life...

Just over two years ago I was…

• Surprise Appointments...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am writing today so that I can vent some frustration from a pretty tough weekend and also to get other people’s point of view on this subject as I'm pretty sure I won't be alone in my feelings or my situation...

To cut a long story short on Saturday I received a very unexpected appointment letter from the hospital to go in on the 26th April for a full body bone scan.... Why do you get an appointment letter…

• The 'New Normal'

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't know about anyone else but the minute I had my first surgery, no infact from the minute I had my cancer diagnosis all I constantly craved was everything to go back to 'normal'.

I remember syaing to people 'I can't wait until this is all over so I can go back to normal'. Little did I know that the normal I used to have would never be the same again - This is actually one of the best things that has…

• Friendships

FormerMember
    FormerMember

There are so many different types of friendships and bonds we form with people. School friends, work friends, friends of friends, best friends, male friends, female friends, childhood friends. The list goes on. Friends come and go throughout your life and I've experienced a huge amount of the 'going' on my journey. 

Since my surgery there have been close friends of mine who I haven't even seen. Some who I haven…