It is what it is

• The start of a good day..................

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is a positive day, yes it is!

After yesterday I am determined and some of the stuff I am doing may not be seen as positive unless I choose it to be.

After a cup of tea with a friend this morning and maybe she will do my nails (dark colours - best for helping nails during chemo!) I am going to a hairdressers to get my hair cut shorter and hopefully (ha ha!) in a style that will look fabulous without…

• Not a good day................

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have been chasing my insurance claim now for a while and even given them the information they want, now they may have to verify the letter emailed to them on headed paper from the hospital - on top of that this insurance company have written to my daughter who is 23 to see if she wants to leave something to her family when she is gone, this is a policy for over 50's.

I headed off to my appointment for the…

• Waiting

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The last few days have been busy with appointments, oncologist, ct scan, dentist, optician........oh and dinner with good friends and my lovely husband.

My daughter who usually spends the weekend with her boyfriend came home last night, don't usually see her until a monday night, but it was good to go to bed knowing she was under the roof.  My husband said she is fine with everything, but then he says that he is…

• In the begining

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Let's just say it was no surprise to get the diagnosis.  I had noticed a small change in my left breast a small dent, if you like.  If I tensed my muscles it was noticeable, a week or so later it was more noticeable.  So off I tottered to the doctors, who sent me to the breast clinic.  

Two mammograms and core biopsies later it was confirmed that I had a small Grade 3 cancer which had moved, as far as they…